994 59th Street
Oakland, CA 94608
$849,000 | Sold $940,000
994 59th Street, Oakland, CA 94608
3,049 SF Lot
About 994 59th Street
This sweet 1920s home with 2+ bedrooms charms with vintage style, stylish modern updates, and lush backyard living in the hip NOBE neighborhood of North Oakland. Vintage details include a built-in buffet with glass cabinets in the dining room, arched passageways, tiled fireplace, and hardwood floors (recently refinished). An expansive back lawn and enchanting draped cabana are best-of-all features. Perfect for afternoon lounging and candle-lit entertaining.
Exciting things are happening in Oakland’s NOBE (named for being in the intersection of North Oakland, Berkeley, and Emeryville)! When things reopen, you’ll have easy access to all this:
- Dining: Paradise Park Café for brunch and a friendly neighborhood vibe, Chile Jalapeño family-owned taqueria with a colorful ambiance and back patio, Town House Bar & Grill for chef-driven fine dining in a former speakeasy.
- Coffee and Sweets: Pepples Donut Farm for vegan donuts, James & the Giant Cupcake for creative treats and a “Stay@Home Cupcake Kit.”
- Draft Brews & Pub Eats: Novel Brewing Company’s literary-themed tasting room, Hoi Polloi Brewpub and Beat Lounge (truffle popcorn!), Wolfhound (dog-friendly).
- For Makers, Artists, & Art Lovers: A Verb for Keeping Warm– yarn, classes, and knitting circles; Strings – a cozy setting for appreciating original acoustic music; The Grease Diner screen printing studio; The Compound Gallery and Studios – voted Best Art Hang Out.
- Rec: Charles Porter Golden Gate Recreation Center with basketball courts, baseball field, picnic sites.
- Library and jazz: Golden Gate Branch Oakland Public Library – One of five Carnegie libraries in Oakland and well known for its Summer Jazz on Sundays series. Also houses the African American Museum & Library.
- North Berkeley BART: 5 miles
- Downtown SF: 8 miles
- OAK airport: 13 miles