968 Tulare Avenue
Albany, CA 94707
$1,649,000 | Sold $2,355,000
968 Tulare Avenue, Albany, CA 94707
5,355 SF Lot
About 968 Tulare Avenue
Welcome to 968 Tulare Ave, a special home on a perfectly tree-lined street in Albany. This one-of-a-kind home features 3 bedrooms and 1 bath upstairs with a 1+ bedroom, 1 bath second unit, with both interior and exterior access, downstairs. Live in one and rent out the other or convert into one large home.
Built in 1913, this home has been tastefully updated over the years while retaining the original Craftsman charm. Light radiates everywhere! Filtered light shines through windows all day and casts a glow from sunrise to sunset. Upstairs features original wood floors, formal dining room, updated kitchen with new appliances. The downstairs unit is loaded with charm! Updated kitchen opens to the living room with french doors onto the back deck and includes a separate bedroom and plus room for an office or small 2nd bedroom.
The back garden is accessible from the upper deck or walk out French doors below. Mature fruit trees, including apple, persimmon and pear, along with a collection of roses and drought-tolerant plantings that bloom year round. There is an existing detached structure with ADU potential. Filtered views of the bay, Mt. Tam, and East Bay hills, plus multiple areas for outdoor enjoyment.
Fantastic location! WalkScore® 85 (Very Walkable), BikeScore® 89 (Very Bikeable). Solano Ave shops + restaurants, Monterey Market, and North Berkeley BART are all nearby. Located on a friendly block and in the coveted Albany school district.
Features & Updates
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bath
- Gorgeous windows
- Formal dining room
- Original wood floors
- Updated kitchen and bath
- New appliances
- Extra wide hallway
- Filtered Mt. Tam + bay views
- 1+ bedroom in-law
- Bonus room for office or 2nd bedroom
- Charming kitchen + bath
- Marmoleum + tile flooring
- Vintage bathroom
- Walkout to backyard
- Exterior and interior access
- Thoughtfully maintained
- Seismic retrofit
- French drains
- Garage with attached workshop
- Laundry in garage
- Attic with storage
- Large, sunny yard
- Albany schools!
Take a Tour of 968 Tulare Avenue
968 Tulare Ave is located steps from the Berkeley border, and within minutes of shops, restaurants, parks and more. Here are some of our favorites nearby.
- Spend the afternoon picnicking and playing at Terrace Park (.6 miles)
- Enjoy a beautiful afternoon of food and drink at the Westbrae Beer Garden (.9 miles)
- Stock up on local produce at Monterey Market (.6 miles)
- Navigate all parts of the bay via public transit or freeway access (N. Berkeley Bart and the 580/80 all within 1.5 miles away)
- Enjoy hiking, trails + views at Tilden Park (< 3 miles)
- UC Berkeley less than 3 miles away – close enough to bike or walk to
- Easy big store shopping with Target, Ranch 99, Sprouts all within 2.5 miles of home
- Crave something a little fancier? How about checking out Corso or Chez Panisse in the Gourmet Ghetto (1.5 miles away)
- Got an itch for a long bike ride or taking the pup(s) for a nice long walk – Point Isabel and the Bay Trail are easily accessible (within 5 miles of home)
- Solano Ave shopping + restaurants (the new Flora + Ferment + old school favorites like Barney’s and Zachary’s) are just blocks away