8465 Aster Avenue
Oakland, CA 94605
$989,000 | Sold $1,250,000
8465 Aster Avenue, Oakland, CA 94605
8,777 SF Lot
About 8465 Aster Avenue
Be Home For the Holidays
Welcome to 8465 Aster, a one-of-a-kind home located in the Oak Knoll / King Estates neighborhood of Oakland. Built in 1957, this truly special home features a layout all houses dream of. Designed for entertaining guests, working from home, or peacefully retreating, this is a home to fall in love with.
The gorgeous eat-in kitchen is one that any home chef will love. The open + airy kitchen is spacious enough for a family to cook together with plentiful counter space and breakfast bar. The adjacent dining room looks towards the hills and is roomy enough to host large family gatherings or enjoy smaller, intimate meals together.
For those quiet, cool evenings, throw a log into the living room fireplace and curl up with a good book. Or step outside onto the deck and enjoy dinner under the stars. Enjoy the views of SF, the bay, and the southern hills on the lovely deck that opens to the living room. When it gets too hot, just push a button and the retractable awning unrolls to provide shade + comfort. This is the perfect spot to host a July 4th get-together with friends + neighbors and watch the fireworks light up the sky.
Off of the living room you will find 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom; up a few steps is the luxurious primary suite which includes a custom-built closet and a luxuriously lavish bathroom with dual vanity, carrera marble tile, and a spacious steam shower with bench.
Downstairs you will find the best surprise! Completely remodeled, the lower level offers approx 800 sqft of additional space. With soaring 9’ ceilings, the family / rec room, with ¾ bathroom, is the perfect spot for game nights or watching TV, and opens to the back yard. Off of the family room is a plus room with stained concrete floors and sliding doors that open to a covered deck. This flex-room is perfect for a home office, guest space, or 4th bedroom. With multiple 220v and 250v outlets, this could even be a terrific workshop for building + tinkering.
For those warm summer nights, step onto the lower-level covered deck with a good book, and curl up on the swinging bench with the fan blowing and the music playing in your ears. Or perhaps you want to try your culinary prowess and plant an edible garden in the terraced planter beds. Don’t let the back fence fool you - the yard extends beyond the fence, giving you the option for expansion. Just look at the uphill neighbors, they did that!
The owners have loved every inch of this house, which is evident by the thoughtful upgrades they have done. Some you can see, like remodeling the primary bathroom and finishing the basement, and others you can’t see, such as attic insulation and earthquake retrofitting. They also loved their neighbors and enjoyed being part of a community where everyone watches out for each other.
Features & Updates
- 1653 SF
- Nearly level-in
- Spacious, eat-in kitchen with dining room
- Backyard access from dining room
- Formal living room with fireplace
- Wood floors
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Primary en-suite bedroom with custom closets
- Beautifully updated primary bathroom with carrera marble tile, double sink vanity, large steam shower with bench
- Deck with hillside + SF bay views from living room
- Retractable awning over deck provides shade during hot days
- 813 SF
- Newly constructed family room with soaring ceilings, opens to backyard
- New bathroom with stall shower
- Bonus room with stained concrete floors, opens to deck. Perfect for home office or guest space. Multiple 220v and 250v outlets allow for woodworking or welding; exterior side access allows for guests to come and go
- Utility room with 220v hookup
- 2 car garage with interior access, ev charging, and laundry
- Whole house audio system, including speakers + intercom
- Recessed lighting
- Built out attic with ample storage and newer insulation
- Upper + lower deck rebuilt
- Earthquake retrofitting
- Expansion possibilities in backyard
Take a Tour of 8465 Aster Avenue
8465 Aster is conveniently located near many amenities including King Estates Open Space Park, delicious food, beautiful hiking trails, and easy access to BART, AC Transit + freeways. Here are some of the things we love, all within a 15 minute drive:
- King Estates Open Space is across the street
- See the animals or ride the soaring gondola at the Oakland Zoo
- Easy to drop off the kids at Bishop O’Dowd High School or Francophone Charter School
- Looking to keep your brain sharp? Take a class at Mills College
- Golf, swimming or fitness? Sequoyah Country Club is just up the hill
- Zocalo Coffeehouse in San Leandro is like having another living room in your community
- Meet friends for happy hour at Fieldwork Brewing
- The gorditas at Mi Zacatecas are a must-try!
- San Leandro / Coliseum BART and Oakland International Airport make commuting easy
Your neighbors include: