8450 Aster Avenue
Oakland, CA 94605
$899,000 | sold $1,260,000
8450 Aster Avenue, Oakland, CA 94605
12,000 SF Lot
About 8450 Aster Avenue
Living Above and Beyond
Welcome to 8450 Aster Ave., an exceptional 3 bed, 2 bath home located in the Oak Knoll / King Estates neighborhood of Oakland. Built in 1957, this incredible home features sophisticated upgrades framed by stunning bay views. From the street you will notice the beautifully designed, drought-tolerant yard. A covered front porch greets you, where you can take in the first look at the panoramic views.
Once inside you will be swept away by the generous front window that frames the bay. The eat-in kitchen will please any chef with sleek granite counters, modern cabinetry, 6-burner gas stove and farmhouse sink. Not to mention the sliding doors that take you right to the back garden where you have endless access to planter beds. The two front bedrooms are full of light and overlook the bay; the primary suite looks onto the backyard hillside. The hall bath has been tastefully updated and includes Carrara marble counters and floors, and an updated vanity. The en-suite bathroom, also with Carrara marble counters and floors, features a stunning walk-in shower with two shower heads.
The 12,800 square-foot lot offers endless enjoyment. Host gatherings on the large patio, add a basketball hoop, or toss a ball on the turf grass. Through the wooden gate you will find a truly magical garden with wandering pathways and steps leading to the top of the hill. Once you arrive, you will never want to leave. To the west you will see panoramic views of the bay spanning multiple bridges; to the east is a gate leading directly to the King Estates Open Space, where you can hike or walk your dog.
No matter which direction you look, this home is truly one that lives above and beyond.
Features & Updates
- 3 beds, 2 baths, 1648 square feet
- 12,800 square foot lot
- Fabulously updated chef’s kitchen with island
- Freshly painted interior
- Recessed lighting
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms
- Primary suite overlooking back garden
- Updated bathrooms with carrera marble counters + floors
- Laundry room with solar tube
- Stunning bay views from the living room + kitchen
- Drought-tolerant front garden
- Large, gated backyard with patio and turf grass
- 2-car garage with storage
- Separate electrical panel for E/V charger
- Separate electrical panel for hot tub
- Sewer lateral compliance
- King Estates Open Space is 86 steps through the backyard
8450 Aster is conveniently located near many amenities including King Estates Open Space, delicious food, beautiful hiking trails, and easy access to BART, AC Transit + freeways. Here are some of the things we love:
1) Coffee anyone? Take a short 12min drive to The Landing Cafe and enjoy scenic Bay views!
2) Take a 10min drive to Chabot Park and walk, fish, drive a boat, or sit in front of the serene lake
3) Conveniently located within 19min of the Oakland airport when you are ready to take flight on your next adventure!
4) Experience the flavors of Mexico with mouthwatering food from Mi Zacatecas Mexican Food just 8min away
5) 12min away from historical landmark El Campanil
6) Learn something new this year at Mills College only 11min away!
7) 6min away from Skyline Pizza – home of some pretty incredible pizza!
8) Find some new trails 9min away at the Leona Canyon Regional Open Space Preserve
9) Do you love Pho? Noodles Pho Me has you covered just 8min away!
10) Stargaze at the Chabot Space and Science Center just 15min away