736 54th Street
Oakland, CA 94609
$989,000 | sold $1,180,000
736 54th Street, Oakland, CA 94609
5,460 SF Lot
About 736 54th Street
Welcome to 736 54th Street, a one-of-a-kind stylish home with modern updates, located in Oakland's popular NOBE neighborhood. This spacious 3++ bed, 2 bath home features a flexible floorplan for all types of living.
Upon entry you are greeted by a welcoming living room with curved arches + high ceilings, a dining room with a woodburning stove + board and batten wainscoting, and two plus spaces, perfect for a small home office, gym, media or zoom room. The sunny primary bedroom opens to the back deck and is attached to the tastefully updated hallway bathroom. Preparing meals in the kitchen is a breeze: new appliances, custom cabinets + stone counters, and skylights to let light in. Off of the kitchen is a plus space, perfect for home office, library, or playroom, and 2 additional bedrooms and a bathroom, plus backyard access, are located at the end of the hallway.
The back garden oasis awaits! Spend afternoons eating on the deck, play croquet on the grass, or sit around a fire pit under the lights. Enjoy fruit from the plum, pluot, and lemon trees. The garage has been converted into a fantastic bonus space with clearstory windows, french doors, and pendant lighting. Use as a studio, outdoor living room, guest quarters, or home office. When its time to head out, explore the friendly North Oakland / Temescal neighborhood, which has grown in popularity thanks to its top-rated restauarants, shops, playgrounds, public transit, and freeways. Your new home and neighborhood await!
Features & Updates
- 1745 sqft house with 5460 sqft lot (per public records)
- 3++ bedrooms, 2 baths
- Freshly painted interior
- Coved arches + high ceilings
- Dining room room with woodburning stove insert surrounded by gorgeous green tile
- Light-filled kitchen with skylight, new appliances + stylish stone counters
- Large primary bedroom with access to back deck
- Hardwood floors
- Updated bathrooms
- Modern lighting throughout
- Private back deck that opens to back yard
- Serene backyard with fruit trees + drought-tolerant plants
- Garage converted into finished bonus room with ADU potential
- Drought tolerant front garden
- Off-street parking
736 54th Street sits in Oakland’s desirable NOBE neighborhood, where you have easy access to popular parks, Temescal shops + restaurants, freeways, AC transit, and BART. It’s no wonder why this friendly and diverse area has a community-building vibe and pride! Here are a few more reasons to love the neighborhood:
- Savor delicious fish (or tofu!) tacos at Cholita Linda 4 min away
- Try something new at The Well Organic Kitchen restaurant 3 min away
- Need a change of scenery for work or reading? Try the Oakland Public Library 7 min away
- Enjoy a variety of activities at the Claremont Country Club just 7 min away!
- Conveniently located 7 min from Kaiser Permanente
- Try the “Dark Matter” coffee at Orbit Coffee only 8 min away
- Get your fresh produce at the Berkeley Bowl Marketplace 6 min away
- Take a dip in the pool at the Temescal Pool 5 min away!
- Need to do a Target run? Target is a quick 7 min drive away!
- Going back to work soon? Easy access to the MacArthur BART and Ashby BART just 5 min away, and SF is 15 min without traffic