712 Calmar Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
$1,475,000 | Sold $1,700,000
712 Calmar Avenue, Oakland, CA 94610
5,216 SF Lot
About 712 Calmar Avenue
Spacious & Elegant Crocker Mediterranean
This spectacularly-situated Crocker Highlands home is ideally located with close proximity to the Lakeshore and Grand Lake shops, restaurants, historic movie theater, acclaimed farmers market and more. Boasting a functional, surprisingly flexible floor plan, this house is built for comfortable living with enviable views of verdant hills.
The main level boasts a uniquely updated gourmet kitchen with breakfast bar that opens to a formal dining room. The expansive bright living room is centered around a fireplace and faces hillside views. A bonus den area opens to a roomy wood deck that begs you for outdoor entertaining. The generous primary bedroom with big picture windows faces captivating hill views and includes an updated en suite full bathroom and separate walk-in closet. Two equally-apportioned bedrooms and a full hall bathroom round out the first floor's offerings.
The lower level surprises and delights with a spacious bedroom that boasts it’s own hill-view balcony. Pamper yourself and rejuvenate in a unique home spa (with full hot tub) set inside a large full bathroom. A bonus room across the hall serves as a private media room or dedicated office space. The attached one-car garage with interior access and basement area both offer an abundance of storage space options. A deep, downslope lot is a blank slate ready to be finished for enjoyment, relaxation, or planting by the next green-thumbed owner.
Features & Updates
- Kitchen and portion of living room renovated and expanded (2018 w/permits)
- Rebuilt deck and piers (2018 w/permits)
- Newer roof (2020)
- Owned solar panels
- Grand living room with hill views
- Bonus den with access to deck with views
- Primary bedroom with updated ensuite bathroom and walk in closet
- Three bedrooms two full baths on street level
- One bedroom and full bath and spa (indoor hot tub) on lower level
Take a Tour of 712 Calmar Avenue
712 Calmar Avenue is located in the desirable Crocker Highlands neighborhood just a few easy blocks from Lake Merritt and the vibrant Grand Lake district.
- Crocker Highlands neighborhood is filled with rolling hills, tree-lined streets and stylish Craftsman, Spanish, Tudor and Arts & Crafts homes.
- Lakeshore Avenue shops with the Saturday farmers market, cafes, a yoga studio, yogurt shop, Trader Joe’s, Arizmendi Bakery, Shakewell, Bardo Lounge, and more!
- Grand Avenue is known for delicious dining, shopping and movies at the Grand Lake Theater, named one of the top 10 vintage theaters in the nation.
- Near Lake Merritt, a great spot for a 3-mile walk or run. And home to the whimsical Children’s Fairyland.
- Top-rated Crocker Highlands Elementary (via greatschools.org).
- 2 miles from the 19th Street BART station.
- 11 miles from downtown San Francisco.