647 56th Street
Oakland, CA 94609
647 56th Street, Oakland, CA 94609
4,400 SF Lot
About 647 56th Street
Spacious & Stylish Storybook Craftsman in a wonderfully central location
Looking for the perfect home for hosting the holidays? Dreams really DO come true! This delightful & elegant home will spark your imagination for many happy memories & the celebrations you’ll create for years to come. 647 56th St is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath*, 2323 sq ft, traditional Craftsman on a friendly street in the heart of Oakland’s coveted Bushrod-North Oakland district - just steps from the very best Temescal, Rockridge, & Berkeley amenities.
Imagine an extra tall holiday tree sparkling in front of the wide picture window, surrounded by gifts for all your guests, & a row of stockings hung above a traditional fireplace. Hear the pitter pat of excited feet scrambling down the stairs on holiday mornings, & the entire tribe of family & friends around the dining table giving thanks, laughing & indulging in homemade treats of the season. Generations of cooks will work together making holiday meals in this generously updated kitchen. The adjoined living room & dining room spaces are framed by a large arched opening that combines a classic homey feeling with a sense of open flow between the rooms. This house is built for gatherings.
Downstairs, one bedroom creates opportunity for any family member who doesn’t want to deal with stairs, or makes a great separate office, with a garden view. Upstairs, 3 large bedrooms create nice separation of space, and a “room of one’s own” feel. The deep closets in each bedroom are a bonus you won’t expect. There really is storage here. Two upstairs baths have been stylishly remodeled with new vanities, & tile floors/showers. The hall bath provides a traditional shower over tub, while the en-suite has a deep walk-in shower. (*public record differs from bathroom count) The front bedroom has a treehouse feel, while the primary has a bank of windows that overlook a lovely back garden.
This lovingly maintained home offers many tasteful upgrades while retaining much of its original Craftsman charm. The original built-ins & fireplace & window details were retained, while new lighting, newly refinished hardwood floors, a generous kitchen with expanded cabinetry, newer stainless steel appliances, & bamboo kitchen flooring, new paint inside and out provide a fresh & modern look.
The large professionally landscaped back yard is a lovely oasis from city life. Bordered with tall established greenery for privacy & dotted with vibrant perennials, the established plantings include several mature & producing fruit trees (apple, feijoa, lemon), a brilliant red Japanese map maple, and a teenage ginko whose leaves turn a glowing yellow in autumn. The giraffe-patterned stone patio is the perfect spot for entertaining, while the raised beds in the back await your Winter-Spring veggie patch. There’s even a perfect patch of lawn as playspace for pups of every kind!
This home has such a happy feel, be sure to see for yourself. Offer date to be determined.
Features & Updates
- Newly updated kitchen w/ lots of cabinets, quartz counter tops, stainless steel appliances
- Large rooms throughout
- One bedroom first floor, three upstairs
- Updated baths
- Lots of closets & storage
- Light-filled with expansive banks of windows
- Original built-ins in DR & tile fireplace
- Refinished wood floors
- New lighting throughout
- Professionally landscaped back yard
- Giraffe-patterned stone patio & raised beds
- Producing fruit trees (lemon, apple, feijoas), plus brilliant red Japanese maple, & teenage ginko
- Well maintained, low pest report, sewer lateral compliant
- Stoop style front porch
- Paver driveway
- Newly painted inside and out
Take a Tour of 647 56th Street
Location is convenient to the very best of Oakland & Berkeley amenities: Temescal shops & restaurants are just a stroll away & you’ll be close to great food shopping, including all the best East Bay grocery stores. Rockridge and Berkeley are a short drive.
- Central to Berkeley Bowl, Whole Foods, Safeway, Temescal Farmer’s Market, & Trader Joe’s
- .5 miles or less to Temescal restaurants & cafes, including Mariposa Baking, Bakesale Betty, Burma Superstar, Bowl’d, Pizzaiolo, Rose’s Taproom, Kingfish Pub, the Rendez-Vous, La Calaca Loca
- .4 mi to Oakland Public Library, Temescal Branch, including Tool Lending library
- Close to Bushrod/Dover Park & Community Garden, Rockridge Greenbelt, Little Frog Park
- Central to Ashby, MacArthur, or Rockridge BART, easy access to Hwy 24 & 580 and 880