5929 Colby Street
Oakland, CA 94618
$1,100,000 | Sold $1,312,000
5929 Colby Street, Oakland, CA 94618
2,500 SF Lot
OFFER DATE: 8/22 1:00pm
About 5929 Colby Street
Rockridge charmer on a quintessential tree-lined street!
Elegant Rockridge home, located on a quintessential tree-lined street, within minutes of shops + transportation. This sweet 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home has been tastefully upgraded yet retains its original 1920’s charm. The living room, with wood burning fireplace and built-in shelving, is separated from the formal dining room by gorgeous french doors. Beautiful modern kitchen includes stone countertops with baker’s height counter, new fridge, recessed lighting.
Primary bedroom with en-suite bathroom is a plus! Side yard with stamped concrete patio, perfect for bbq! Quaint backyard includes patio for dining, artificial turf grass, cafe lights that twinkle at night, and a tool shed. Huge attic with new insulation and attic fan, runs the length of the house and offers a plethora of storage- or possible expansion potential? Other updates include newer heating and A/C, partially updated foundation with retrofitting, landscape lighting, sewer compliant. Walk Score = 92 and Bike Score = 97. Only a few blocks to Claremont Ave + College Ave shops and restaurants; also close to BART and public transit.
Features & Updates
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Original 1920’s architectural details
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Chic lighting throughout
- New interior paint
- New fridge
- Newer central heat and A/C
- Retrofitted foundation
- Plantation shutters
- Huge attic with loads of storage (or expansion potential?)
- Newer attic insulation and attic fan
- Backyard artificial turf grass
- Tool shed
- Smart home features including Nest thermostat, deadbolts, jam locks, alarm, cameras
- Roof = 7 years old
- Sewer lateral compliance
- Need to head to SF, Marin or Walnut Creek? Hop on BART or the Transbay Bus, it’s easy peasy.
- Run, play, or read a book under the trees at Colby Park, the local neighborhood park
- Dog playdate? Hardy Park is the perfect dog park for doggy dates.
- Fresh fish, produce, and prepared foods at Market Hall, staples and friendly staff at Trader Joe’s + Safeway — all within a few blocks
- 96 bars, restaurants and coffee shops all within minutes! Hot spots like Belotti and ACRE for Italian, Ramen Shop and Yimm for Ramen and Thai, Cole Coffee, Boichik Bagels; the list goes on and on
- The Claremont Hotel – an Oakland/Berkeley icon – come take a swim, tennis lessons, enjoy the view or have family staycation at this historic hotel and resort
- Frog Park + the Farmer’s Market at the N. Oakland DMV
- Lake Temescal – go for a walk, a brisk run, fishing, or just have a picnic in the park– lovely spot to relax and get away from it all
- Within a short 15 min drive to all the amazing hiking Oakland + Berkeley have to offer: Tilden Park + Redwood Regional Park
- Amazing off-the-beaten activities: Axe Ventures Ax Throwing, award winning Escape Rooms, and Museums (Museum of Tomorrow, Museum of Paleontology)