526 52nd Street
Oakland, CA 94609
526 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609
2 Bedrooms BD
1.5+ Bathrooms BA
Built in 1910
About 526 52nd Street
Come see how great the living can be in the vibrant Temescal neighborhood! 526 52nd Street in Oakland is a charming 2-bed, 1.5-bath Craftsman bungalow located just steps from incredible shopping, dining and BART nearby. This gem includes beautifully preserved Craftsman details: rich oak floors, leaded glass built-in cabinets, original fireplace, detailed window trims, and a handsome boxed beam ceiling. The remodeled chef’s kitchen features a large marble-top island, concrete counters, high-end stainless steel appliances and a farmhouse sink. The natural light is magnificent here, thanks to a skylight, antique diamond stained glass windows, and a generous bay window with seating – a perfect spot to enjoy the morning coffee and newspaper that you fetched from the café around the corner.
526 52nd Street is located in the heart of one of Oakland’s most popular neighborhoods, written up by Sunset Magazine and the New York Times for its diversity, gourmet offerings, hip boutiques and pubs. Highlights include:
- You might never need a car to enjoy a meal out! A few steps or bike pedals away, you’ll find Cholita Linda, Pizziaolo, Burma Superstar, Bakesale Betty, Sacred Wheel cheese shop, Bowl’d Korean BBQ, Homeroom, Dona Tomas, and Hogs Apothecary beer hall and purveyor of handcrafted “porcine delights” (sausage).
- If you’re struggling to choose a restaurant, attend the annual Taste of Temescal for a culinary crawl each fall along Telegraph Avenue from 40th to 52nd streets, Temescal Alley, and Claremont Avenue.
- Traditional and unique services include the old fashioned Temescal Alley Barber Shop, the Tool Lending Library, and The East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse.
- Grab groceries at the Sunday Temescal Farmers Market, Market Hall and Temescal Produce.
- Kid parks and dog parks abound. Frog park is a greenbelt with redwood groves, butterfly gardens, play structures and a creek.
- Less then 1 mile from MacArthur BART station and 1.3 miles from Rockridge BART station.
- Schools serving this neighborhood include Peralta Elementary, which scored an 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org.
- 10 miles from downtown San Francisco.