526 52nd Street
Oakland, CA 94609
$785,000 | sold $1,030,000
526 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609
4,160 SF Lot
About 526 52nd Street
Come see how great the living can be in the vibrant Temescal neighborhood! 526 52nd Street in Oakland is a charming 2-bed, 1.5-bath Craftsman bungalow located just steps from incredible shopping, dining and BART nearby. This gem includes beautifully preserved Craftsman details: rich oak floors, leaded glass built-in cabinets, original fireplace, detailed window trims, and a handsome boxed beam ceiling. The remodeled chef’s kitchen features a large marble-top island, concrete counters, high-end stainless steel appliances and a farmhouse sink. The natural light is magnificent here, thanks to a skylight, antique diamond stained glass windows, and a generous bay window with seating – a perfect spot to enjoy the morning coffee and newspaper that you fetched from the café around the corner.
French doors in the kitchen open to a back deck with tiered seating for entertaining and a yard fragrant with roses and citrus trees. A detached garage and extensive basement with a rustic half-bath could become your rumpus room, office, workshop, art studio, ample storage space – whatever you need!
An edible garden garnishes the front yard, which overlooks the vibrant Temescal district. We can’t imagine a better home oasis to relax in after a fun day exploring the bustling Temescal Farmers’ market, the hip shops of Temescal Alley, the creative food truck offerings at Off The Grid, and the playground at Frog Park. 526 52nd Street is a truly special place!
Features & Updates
- Completely remodeled to create an open floor plan with flow onto backyard
- Large Carerra marble-top island
- Natural light from three sides
- Custom concrete countertops with brass, Italian glass, and tile inlays
- Farmhouse sink with water filter
- Bar area with custom concrete sink and bar fridge with icemaker
- Generous 10-foot window seat with custom cushions
- Original antique craftsman light fixture
- Top-line stainless steel appliances: 6-burner Blue Star commercial range with convection oven, Jen-Air French-door refrigerator, Miele dishwasher
- Custom commercial lighted ventilation hood with wood, high clearance with remote
- Designer faucets, lighting, and cabinet hardware
- Refinished oak floors throughout
- Leaded glass built-in cabinets
- Original fireplace
- Craftsman detailed window trims
- Boxed beam ceiling
- Original pocket doors with brass hardware
- Remodeled master bath with Carerra marble diamond tile floors and curved-edge marble countertop
- Chic half-bath is economically set behind a reeded glass pocket door, off the kitchen, and has a reclaimed wood counter and Carerra marble sink.
- Plants are low maintenance, and feature fresh herbs and citrus trees
- Drip irrigation system
- Large deck
- These clean bonus spaces could become your rumpus room, office, art studio, ample storage space – whatever you need!
- Sliding door in garage
- Half-bath in basement
Take a Tour of 526 52nd Street
526 52nd Street is located in the heart of one of Oakland’s most popular neighborhoods, written up by Sunset Magazine and the New York Times for its diversity, gourmet offerings, hip boutiques and pubs. Highlights include:
- You might never need a car to enjoy a meal out! A few steps or bike pedals away, you’ll find Cholita Linda, Pizziaolo, Burma Superstar, Bakesale Betty, Sacred Wheel cheese shop, Bowl’d Korean BBQ, Homeroom, Dona Tomas, and Hogs Apothecary beer hall and purveyor of handcrafted “porcine delights” (sausage).
- If you’re struggling to choose a restaurant, attend the annual Taste of Temescal for a culinary crawl each fall along Telegraph Avenue from 40th to 52nd streets, Temescal Alley, and Claremont Avenue.
- Traditional and unique services include the old fashioned Temescal Alley Barber Shop, the Tool Lending Library, and The East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse.
- Grab groceries at the Sunday Temescal Farmers Market, Market Hall and Temescal Produce.
- Kid parks and dog parks abound. Frog park is a greenbelt with redwood groves, butterfly gardens, play structures and a creek.
- Less then 1 mile from MacArthur BART station and 1.3 miles from Rockridge BART station.
- Schools serving this neighborhood include Peralta Elementary, which scored an 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org.
- 10 miles from downtown San Francisco.