516 Butterfield Place
Moraga, CA 94556
$1,385,000 | Sold $1,440,000
516 Butterfield Place, Moraga, CA 94556
16,988 SF Lot
About 516 Butterfield Place
Serene Living in Coveted Moraga Neighborhood
Quiet, private, and surrounded by open space! This updated mid-century rancher at 516 Butterfield Place is tucked into a sunny cul-de-sac in Moraga’s sought-after Camino Woods neighborhood. With no rear neighbors (unless you count deer grazing on the hills), you may feel far from civilization here. But you’re actually minutes from top-rated schools, shopping, dining, the Moraga farmer’s market, parks, and trails. Highlights inside this spacious 3-bed, 2-bath home include the open floor plan with vaulted exposed-beam ceilings, skylights, and a beautifully updated kitchen. The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, fireclay tile backsplashes, and a roomy breakfast bar. It opens to a dining area/great room, where a two-sided brick fireplace divides the great room and living room.
Newly installed oak floors flow from the living area into the bedroom wing, where the primary bedroom includes an updated bathroom, walk-in closet, and sliding glass doors that open to the back patio’s Zen-like Alaskan cedar hot tub. Imagine night soaks here under the starry sky while being serenaded by frogs and crickets!
The tiered backyard is an oasis and gardener’s delight. An outdoor kitchen sink and prep area are convenient for entertaining. Landscaping includes 5 raised planting beds, lettuce garden, 2 herb terraces, flower terrace, and deluxe chicken coop and run. You'll also love the petite lawn, redwood deck surrounding the hot tub, viewing terrace, and mature oak, pine, and bay trees. Automated irrigation makes it easy to grow a thriving garden. Do you like giant heirloom tomatoes? The sellers have had great success in their full-sun front yard.
The location is unbeatable, with access to some of the best schools and outdoor experiences just steps from home. You also can celebrate TGIF at the neighborhood favorite biergarten, Canyon Club Brewery, just 2 miles from home. And spend Sunday mornings at the nearby farmer's market gathering ingredients for a farm-to-table dinner at your new home. Homes sell fast here; it's easy to see why!
Open House: : October 8, 1:00 pm
Features & Updates
- Located at end of a quiet cul-de-sac, no rear neighbors
- Open floor plan
- Vaulted open-beam ceiling
- 2-sided fireplace between great room and living room
- Updated kitchen with breakfast bar, stainless steel appliances, fireclay tile backsplash
- Bonus study nook off the kitchen
- Hallway bathroom with shower over tub
- Primary bedroom suite with walk-in closet, sliding glass doors to backyard.
- Primary bathroom updated with dual sink vanity, private toilet room
- Laundry room
- Air conditioning
- Newly installed hardwood flooring
- Fresh paint throughout
- Moraga Ranch Swim Club just down the street
- Tiered backyard with lawn, patio, deep veggie planters, mature trees, viewing terrace
- Outdoor kitchen with sink (hot/cold water)
- Alaskan cedar hot tub surrounded by redwood deck
- Chicken coop
- Dual dog door system can be closed/opened so they can cruise out through the laundry room and then garage
- Finished 2-car garage
- Automated irrigation in backyard
Take a Tour of 516 Butterfield Place
Welcome to Moraga’s Camino Woods neighborhood! It feels semi-rural here, but you are mere minutes from top-rated schools, groceries, dining, parks, trails, and commuter roadways. Nearby schools include Camino Pablo Elementary School (0.8 mi. away), Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School (1.5 mi.), and Campolindo High School (4 mi.). Homes sell fast, and here’s why…
Top Things to Do Here
- Head to Rancho Laguna Park, 0.4 mi. from your front door. One of the cool features is a monarch butterfly habitat and demonstration garden. The park also is a great entry point for several trails, including Rancho Laguna Trail and Rocky Ridge Trail.
- Bring home the sweetest strawberries, sample fresh peas, and grab organic eggplant at Moraga’s Sunday Farmers’ Market, just 2 mi. from home.
- Sip refreshing IPAs, sours, and pilsners at Canyon Club Brewery’s spacious beer garden, a half-mile from home. Pair your pint with a fish taco while sitting by the fire pit and enjoying live music. 2 mi. away.
- Go clubbing at the beautiful Moraga Country Club (tennis and golf, 2.5 mi. away) or the Moraga Ranch Swim Club, (1.4 mi.).
- Grab a picnic lunch from Bianca’s Deli and head to beautiful Moraga Commons, 2.5 mi. from home. The 40.2-acre park has everything: play structures, water spray feature, skate park, frisbee golf course, bocce ball pit, and trails. The Commons summer concert series is a favorite.
- Scream for ice cream! Loard’s parlor is 2 mi. from home.
- Experience the best Chinese food this side of Contra Costa County. Chef Chao is a 10-minute drive from home. Handmade potstickers…yum!
- Watch a blockbuster at The Rheem movie theater, 4 mi. away.
- Stock up on essentials: Safeway is about 2 mi. away. Target, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods are in the neighboring cities of Walnut Creek and Lafayette.
- Take a nature bath in Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park, a hidden gem of redwood forest 5 mi. from home.
- Moraga Ranch Swim club just down the street