Moraga, CA 94556
$1,475,000 | sold $2,010,000
5 Berkshire St, Moraga, CA 94556
5,076 SF Lot
About 5 Berkshire
Living here feels like a vacation!
Enter through the front gate into the patio that has been designed to surround you in a vibrant flow of color when the plantings are in bloom. A patio area that calls for easy entertaining and great conversations over a glass of wine while relaxing under the glow of the market lights. Yeah, it already feels like vacation.
This home has been thoughtfully updated throughout with attention to the smallest of details. Elegant sophistication is beautifully balanced with a comfortable style. The eat-in kitchen is smartly laid out for ease of use with extended surface areas of Metropolis grey quartz countertops, timeless white subway tiles, stainless steel appliances and custom cabinetry that offers an abundance of storage with pull outs and soft close drawers. Illuminated from above with dimmable canned lighting, modern pendant light fixtures, undermount cabinet lighting and lighting at the base of the elongated custom island. With unique touches of reclaimed wood accents and the forward-thinking of the renewable Parota hardwood surface of the island, you’ll find the combination of texture, color and efficiency pleasing to anyone who loves to cook and/or entertain.
Both the living room, with its welcoming fireplace, and the dining room have large sliding patio doors overlooking the backyard, allowing for natural light to flood the rooms. Throughout the living space lays engineered hardwood flooring with a honed surface. Upstairs you’ll find three nicely proportioned bedrooms with windows making the area light and bright. The large en-suite bedroom boasts a vaulted ceiling, allowing for an airy space of comfort. The spa-like en-suite bathroom is updated with today’s finishes with oversized glass enclosed shower, satin nickel hardware, quartz countertop and dual sinks.
The “Wow Factor” room, oversized above the two-car garage, has the potential for so many possibilities. Today, more than ever, there’s a need for more space to accommodate a work-from-home arrangement and/or provide just a smidge more elbow room for everyone. Built-in cabinetry, a separate Mitsubishi unit for efficient heating and air conditioning, and two large patio sliding doors lead out to the balcony, which is a wonderful place to take in the neighborhood.
The outdoor spaces have been professionally designed, with a balance of color that creates a sense of relaxation and reprieve. In the backyard, enjoy the natural setting with expanded decking for entertaining and dining alfresco. Imagine the freshness and fun of creating a delicious meal with ingredients grown from your own garden in raised beds. Aside from vegetable gardening, established lemon, lime, and mission fig trees as well as bushes of blueberries are ready for seasonal pickings. This wonderful, tranquil setting has conversation areas and a bubbling hot tub to ease away any tensions.
A beautiful home residing within the amazing Moraga Country Club, located close to the Doral satellite swimming pool, feels like resort-style living. If craving a bigger splash, the Olympic-sized swimming pool is waiting for you. The Club House is a wonderful place to meet and have fun with friends, made easy by the many activity choices from tennis to playing the 18-hole golf course to just wandering along any of the easily accessible trails to get out for a breath of fresh air.
An ideal location … nearby shopping, the Canyon Club Brewery, the Moraga Commons for family fun with a skateboard park to the numerous trails throughout the area to get out into nature, and there’s the year-round Sunday Farmers Market. This home is just what you’ve been looking for and it feels like a vacation every day!
Features & Updates
- Thoughtfully remodeled eat-in kitchen with stainless steel appliances, custom cabinetry, ample storage & large island.
- Attention to the details…solid wood doors, crown molding, renewable Costa Rican Parota wood accents, engineered honed wood flooring, Elfa design closet systems, recessed lighting, and a practical oversized wine storage under the staircase.
- Large primary suite with updated spa-like bathroom.
- Bonus room across the breezeway above the garage with entertainment center and balcony. Possible 4th bedroom,
office, or an entertainment extravaganza space.
- Private courtyard and professionally landscaped entry and backyard with expanded wood deck for entertaining, sitting areas and sparkling hot tub.
- Farm-To-Table raised beds with an efficient water drip system for vegetables, established plantings (fresh blueberries for breakfast?) that include fruit trees of lemon, lime and fig.
- Nestled on a side street with plenty of Guest Parking and close to the Doral satellite pool.
- MCC membership provides year-round swimming, golf, tennis, clubhouse, and a new fitness center (2023).
- Close to Lafayette/Moraga trail, the Valle Vista trailhead and/or enjoy the nearby Sunday Farmers Markets.
- Part of the top-rated Moraga & Acalanes School Districts.
Moraga Country Club: Established in 1973 within the idyllic rolling hills of Moraga. Includes 521 private residences, clubhouse with a restaurant, swimming pool, tennis facilities, and a beautiful 18-hole golf course. A combined Country Club and Homeowners’ Association offers all its amenities to homeowners within the club boundaries.
The newly constructed 22,000 square foot Clubhouse includes an exquisite Main Dining Room, Bar, Lounge Area with additional Patio Seating, spacious Adult Locker Rooms, Kids’ Locker Rooms, and Meeting Rooms. IN addition to amenities the HOA covers security, landscape maintenance, periodic painting of the home, and a soon to be built, exclusive fitness center. Coming soon inthe first quarter of 2023 is the new state-of-the art fitness center with new bistro, pickleball and bocce.
- Close to all that Moraga has to offer: Rheem Theater, local restaurants, parks, and shopping.
- Minutes to BART & Downtown Orinda
- Close to Moraga Trails
- Attend the year round farmer’s market
- Cool Moraga Restaurants and eateries