3873 Patterson Avenue
Oakland, CA 94619
$899,000 | sold $1,385,000
3873 Patterson Avenue, Oakland, CA 94619
6,000 SF Lot
About 3873 Patterson Avenue
Wrap yourself in the outdoors from the indoors. Effortless indoor-outdoor living abounds in this charming 1918 Laurel bungalow. An extensive addition of living spaces and a bedroom plus meticulous updates over the years reveals a well cared for home. Open-concept common rooms flow into each other, all with easy access to mature gardens and a spacious backyard deck. The kitchen features custom cabinetry and a professional grade stove. Bedrooms are artfully arranged around the house -- one overlooking the backyard, one centrally located and primed for use as a home office or study, and an enviable primary suite with an adjacent den and reading nook.
The rambling backyard offers a treasure trove of spaces to dine, garden, lounge, and play. The expertly pruned and grand Oak tree stands proud at the back of the yard and is in company with Japanese Maples, Juniper trees, and a vast assortment of plants. Use the bonus space in the shed as an office or exercise room.
This peaceful neighborhood is tucked away from noisy traffic yet just minutes from the vibrant Montclair, Dimond, and Laurel shopping districts.
Features & Updates
- Fenced backyard offering gardens for playing, lounging, and entertaining
- Custom gourmet kitchen with abundant natural light from skylights
- Recently refinished hardwood floors in living spaces
- Level backyard with mature trees, colorful greenery, multiple patios and deck
- Den bonus space
- Addition completed (1996) with City of Oakland Permits
- Detached shed can be used as artist studio, office, or storage
- Sewer lateral is compliant
- Freshly repaved driveway
- Sidewalk compliance before close of escrow
Take a Tour of 3873 Patterson Avenue
3873 Patterson Avenue is located in the vibrant Laurel District in southeast Oakland between the I-580 and the Oakland foothills. Laurel is a popular eclectic enclave with shops, cafes, wellness studios, and more. Check it out:
- Dining and drinking options include Communitē Table or Sequoia Diner for delish comfort food, Café Santana roasting company for the freshest cuppa from hand-roasted coffee beans, and Degrees Plato Bar & Tap Room for locally focused craft beers and Latin kitchen.
- Wellness, fitness, and pampering spots include Vetiver Spa Salon Gallery and Left Coast Power Yoga.
- Community fun at the annual summer Laurel Street Fair World Music Festival and Oaktoberfest in the nearby Dimond District
- For the littles: Onstage-Kids ’N Dance ’N Theater Arts
- BART Lake Merritt Station: 7.8 miles
- Express bus to SF stops within blocks (it’s a direct bus at High St. & MacArthur)
- Downtown San Francisco: 15.3 miles