3240 Sterling Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
3240 Sterling Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501
2+ Bedrooms BD
1 Bathroom BA
Built in 1920
About 3240 Sterling Avenue
3240 Sterling Avenue is a rare find, located on a unique Alameda street lined with lovingly-preserved Craftsman bungalows and century-old lampposts. Homes here come on the market infrequently. It is a showcase of Craftsman architecture, from its overhanging gables and inviting front porch to its rich interior woodwork, built-ins and carefully restored gumwood trim.
This split-level, 2+ bedroom home features a living room and dining room that flow into each other, featuring a fireplace, built-in bookshelves and buffet, stained glass windows and other Arts and Crafts details. The master bedroom includes a spacious and sunny alcove that could be used as a nursery.The bathroom features a split shower and clawfoot tub. An efficiently-organized back garden finds space for a hot tub and barbeque area. Retreat here after a busy day enjoying your East End neighborhood’s shops, restaurants, hip coffee shops, nearby parks and acclaimed schools.
3240 Sterling Avenue is located on the East End of Alameda island, which is popular for its small-town vibe, top schools, parks and pools and eclectic mix of shops and restaurants.
- One block from Lincoln Park’s playgrounds, sports fields, Harrison Recreation Center pool, rose garden and basketball, tennis, volleyball and bocce ball courts..
- Near Central Avenue and Park Street cafes, retail and antique shops, fro-yo and Books Inc. Neighborhood favorites include East End Pizza, House of Bagels and Burma Superstar. Yum!
- Catch a film at the historic Alameda Theatre and Cineplex, built in 1932.
- Play indoor mini-golf at Subpar. Or spend an afternoon at the renowned Pacific Pinball Museum.
- Minutes from Crown Memorial State Beach and biking trail, with picture-perfect views of San Francisco.
- Top neighborhood schools: Frank Otis Elementary and Alameda High scored 9 out of 10 on greatschools.org. Lincoln Middle scored a 10!
- Commuters have easy access to 880, BART, the Oakland Airport, and ferry service to San Francisco, South San Francisco and Oakland’s Jack London Square.