2763 Grande Vista Avenue
Oakland, CA 94601
$650,000 | Sold $825,000
2763 Grande Vista Avenue, Oakland, CA 94601
2,960 SF Lot
About 2763 Grande Vista Avenue
Private cottage in the heart of Oakland
Nestled at the very end of dead end street, this sweetly updated 3/2 rose-covered cottage sits back from the street and offers a little oasis from city hustle and bustle. Everything about this home is a little unique. Enter through a vintage metal garden gate and walk back to a large & private lanai-style entry porch. Almost like another room in the home, you’ll find this a perfect spot to sit in the morning with coffee and scones while listening to the birds, a place to sit and read in the evening with a nice cup of tea or glass of wine, and a welcoming spot to host outside dinner parties nearly year round.
Inside, the home has been pleasantly updated with a more modern floor plan providing a loft-style kitchen-living/dining room format. Stone counters, warm wood cabinetry and stainless steel appliances create an inviting kitchen for the serious cook. Guests can sit close and help prep or just chat at the eat-at granite counter while you prepare meals. Or lounge in the cozy light-filled living room for a chat or a movie. Three ample bedrooms, 1 front and 2 back make for nice separation of space. The front bedroom has an updated en-suite bath with shower and updated fixtures. The hall bath is nicely updated with shower over tub and newer fixtures, cabinet and sink. Washer dryer is centrally located here in the interior of the home for ultimate convenience. Modern spacious closets with sliders provide ample storage in each bedroom. Recessed lighting, modern ceiling fans, under counter lights and drop lights over the island work station in the kitchen complete a feeling of comfortable ambiance.
Garden areas in the front and back have several mature lemon trees and many mature roses just waiting for your green thumb. The side yard is a perfect sunny spot for container gardening. The block has a nice feel with long term residents, many gardens, and a friendly spirit of community.
And a very special feature – an exterior THREE-tiered CATIO with an interior access door makes this a great home for a cat lover! IF you don’t have a pet, this structure has potential for conversion to a green house, plant room, storage, or use your imagination! There’s generous additional storage for toys in the detached garage or lots of space in the half basement below!
Features & Updates
- 3 ample bedrooms
- 2 updated baths – one shower over tub, the other shower only
- Laundry in Bathroom
- Many electrical & plumbing upgrades
- Granite counter tops, newer wood cabinetry, stainless steel appliances
- Newer windows
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living room
- Recessed lighting throughout main living areas
- Modern closets with sliding doors & some shelving
- Large covered entry porch
- Detached one car garage
- And, a CATIO – exterior, three tier structure with an interior cat door (or convert to greenhouse?)
- Freshly painted inside and out
I LOVE little secret neighborhoods. 2763 Grande Vista is tucked between Fruitvale Ave and Highland Hospital in one of those secret up-and-coming areas called Reservoir Hills. Easiest access is via Fruitvale Ave to E. 27th to Grande Vista. I love to start at Farmer Joes! Reservoir Hills is still one of the most affordable areas for buying a home in Oakland, but still central to most parts of the city.
- Farmer Joe’s Fruitvale (if you haven’t been there, you are in for a happy surprise – great produce and curated healthier inventory, wine shop, deli, fish and meat counter)
- Easy commute options to Oakland, SF, and Silicon Valley via 580, 880, 13
- Less than 2 miles to Fruitvale BART
- Central and very close to GlenView shops, Dimond District, Montclair, Lakeshore, and Alameda
- Close to regional parks
- Close to Peet’s Coffee, Hasta Muerte, Orbit Coffee and Donuts