25 Ramona Avenue
$995,000 | Sold $1,400,000
25 Ramona Avenue, Oakland 94611
3,600 SF Lot
About 25 Ramona Avenue
Comfort Character and Charm ... ❤️ of Piedmont Ave
Enter through a tree-lined street to discover this 2 BD, 1BA bungalow located at the heart of Piedmont Avenue. A home that’s been beautifully refreshed while maintaining its wonderfully timeless vintage charm and character.
The kitchen has extended cabinetry for ample storage, granite countertops, a coffee nook for that morning brew as well as space for other small appliances and a smartly integrated island offering even more surface area for cooking and entertaining.
An updated bathroom with travertine tiles offers the luxury of an enclosed glass shower over tub configuration, granite countertop and accent tiling that blends so well with the rest of the home.
The home is light and bright, washed in natural light with large windows and high ceilings that creates a grander sense of space than its actual square footage. Vintage details include a welcoming front porch entry, wood trim casings, hardwood flooring throughout and a fireplace with a built-in bookshelf. Entertaining is a breeze with a separate dining room accented with period built-in wood cabinetry.
Who doesn’t love the benefits of having a basement?! You’ll find a ton of extra accessible space for storage, easy access to the furnace and tankless water heater, even more storage and the washer and dryer.
And if elbow room is what you need … A newly renovated separate bonus space (approx. 230 sf) offers the extra comfort we all carve these days. The possibilities are endless. It could be an office, a yoga studio or just one of the coolest places to hang out. You’ll notice the attention to finishes with detailed inlaid wood accents, wood trim, patio sliding doors with screens, polished concrete flooring, and additional lighting that makes this space … all positive.
The total package is the relaxing backyard that boasts of a Farm-To-Table feel with raised beds for herbs and vegetables, established orange and lemon trees and a wonderful inlaid stone patio space for entertaining and/or play. Imagine grilling outside, picking salad leaves and vegetables all tossed in a lemon dressing from the garden for a meal alfresco with family and friends. But if going out to dine is your thing … You’ll find a gate in the backyard that leads to all the fun of Piedmont Avenue. How easy is that?
Piedmont Avenue is the place known for its vibrancy, eclectic charm, shopping, and a fantastic selection of restaurants. Whether it’s a night out enjoying dinner and a movie at the Piedmont Movie Theater, a scoop of ice cream at the historic Fenton’s or just loving the comforts of this home … This charming bungalow has it all!
Features & Updates
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 964 square foot home on a 3,600 square foot lot + 230 SF bonus room.
- Thoughtfully remodeled eat-in kitchen with stainless steel appliances, custom cabinetry for ample storage and an island with breakfast bar.
- Updated bathroom with classic design, neutral travertine tiles and enclosed shower and tub.
- Beautiful oak hardwood flooring throughout the home.
- Separate bonus structure offering an additional 230 SF with artistic finishes and extra lighting. Imagine the possibilities… an office, Yoga studio or just the coolest place to hang out.
- Basement along the length of home with concrete flooring and plenty of room for bikes and general storage. Space Includes laundry, furnace, and tankless hot water heater.
- Large backyard with inlaid travertine stone patio, and convenient cut-thru to Pleasant Valley Court.
- “Farm-To-Table” raised beds for fresh veggies & perennial herbs. Lemon, lime and orange trees along with pear, plum and peach trees.
- Piedmont Avenue is the place known for its vibrancy, eclectic charm, shopping, and a fantastic selection of restaurants. Be a part of it all!
- Mountain View Cemetery – great walking paths, amazing views (San Francisco, bay, Berkeley, Marin). They host events for the neighborhood too (photos with Santa, Tulip festival, Halloween celebration, Holiday lights)
- Dracena park – 10 minute walk, huge off-leash dog area, great playground with climbing wall, swings, monkey bars, extra wide slide (so more than one person can go down together), several lawns for picnicking
- Piedmont Ave Library – compact library behind Piedmont Ave Elementary, but OPL will deliver books or toys for pick up. Pre-covid, we used to go ‘Baby Cafe’ -coffee for parents, toys for babies
Restaurants/ Food/ Drinks
- The Wolf – Our favorite fancy restaurant in the neighborhood, New American, great cocktail list
- Lo Coco – Southern Italian – very friendly service, family owned / run restaurant – its been there since the 60s
- La Farine – The best spot for your daily bread, also great cakes, tarts, morning buns, etc. (My favorite is their raspberry croissant & the gruyere roll)
- Snow White Coffee – The best coffee. We also have a Blue Bottle, Peet’s, Timeless Coffee (vegan, great pastries too), & Ride Bar (which is half smoothie bowls, half coffee if you need a coffee it’s very good & less than a block away!)
- Dona – Mexican, huge outdoor patio, full bar, great cocktails cocktails
- Piedmont Grocery – Full service grocery
- Wine on Piedmont – Great local wine shop
- Teni East – Burmese fusion
- Sliver Pizza – Favorite pizza spot
- Temescal farmers market – Saturday mornings, in DMV parking lot
- Whole Foods on Telegraph & 51st