23 Norwood Avenue
Kensington CA 94707
$1,295,000 | Sold $1,650,000
23 Norwood Avenue, Kensington CA 94707
8,362 SF Lot
About 23 Norwood Avenue
Located on a Kensington hilltop above Sunset View, this sophisticated Mid-Century Modern home is sure to delight all the senses. Inside, vaulted ceilings allow in natural light and capture views from the dining room to the sunken living room to the master bedroom. Take in the views of the Bay, downtown SF, the Golden Gate Bridge and Mt. Tamalpais. Savor the backyard from the gardens with space to play and relax to the mature orchard with persimmon, citrus, fig, and cherry trees.
The expertly-engineered chef’s kitchen features luxurious custom cabinetry by German designer Bulthaup, glass backsplash, quartz counters, appliance garages, and numerous innovative touches. Entertain with the best support staff: Meile gas range and oven, Sub-Zero refrigerator, and Miele espresso station before tidying up with an über-quiet Boesch dishwasher. The kitchen opens to a covered deck that wraps around to the private front courtyard off of the dining room - perfect for al fresco dining and outdoor cooking. Down a few graceful steps from the entryway, the high-ceilinged living room with a striking mantel and gas fireplace is the perfect perch from which to take in full Bay views with water, hills and trees all uninterrupted. Step out to the back deck and soak in the beauty of the Bay.
On the same level, the generously apportioned master suite has two large closets with custom organizers. The en suite bath features a walk-in shower, double sinks, and a third closet. Make sure not to miss the second bedroom and its special reading nook.
Downstairs, find a spacious family room with a fireplace and easy walk-out access to an expansive lower deck fit for a grand party to celebrate 2021. Also on this level, a third bedroom, a recently updated full bathroom anointed with hex tile floors and Rejuvenation vanity, and a bonus space with the perfect “Zoom room” features: insulated, white board wall, and a West-facing picture window for natural lighting. Additional bonus spaces on the lower level provide ample storage space with shelving.
Features & Updates
- Views of the bay, downtown SF, Golden Gate and Mt. Tam from most upstairs rooms
- Spacious additional wrap-around deck off kitchen ideal for outdoor grilling
- Additional west-facing lower deck accessible from lower level family room that opens to gardens
- Bulthaup Kitchen: luxury kitchen comprised of a mix of top-line engineering, high-end appliances, and clean lines
- Gas fireplaces in the living room and family room
- Pruned and landscaped back and front gardens, mature orchard in back garden
- Solar panels, carport
- Bonus office space AKA Zoom Room on lower level
Take a Tour of 23 Norwood Avenue
23 Norwood Avenue is wonderfully located in the hills of Kensington. It is mere minutes from schools, parks, shopping, dining, and BART. Highlights include:
- Beloved Fat Apples bakery and restaurant is about 1.5 miles away.
- El Cerrito Plaza for convenient one-stop shopping: Trader Joe’s, Lucky’s supermarket, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath & Beyond, Jo Ann Fabrics, PetCo, and more.
- For panoramic views of SF Bay, wander a block from the house and enter the park-like Sunset View Cemetery. Also take advantage of the fascinating historic walking tours.
- Kensington Park, tennis courts, and clubhouse are adjacent to the lovely Kensington Library with community events and weekly story time.
- Kensington Circle, located at the intersection of Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, and Kensington, is a neighborhood gem! Check out Kensington Circus Pub, Semifreddi’s bakery, Benchmark Pizzeria, Hiersoux Gallery for fine ceramics, Colusa Market, and Nubo Spa.
- Kensington Hilltop Elementary is a top rated school a half mile away.
- Kensington Farmer’s Market in the circle features gorgeous produce and flowers every Sunday.
- Tilden Regional Park is the East Bay’s most treasured open space for hiking, biking, golfing, and playing.
- 2.5 miles to BART-El Cerrito
- 15 miles to downtown San Francisco
- Easy access to I-80, I-580, and San Pablo Avenue