20208 San Miguel Avenue
Castro Valley, CA 94546
$599,000 | sold $710,000
20208 San Miguel Avenue, Castro Valley, CA 94546
About 20208 San Miguel Avenue
Looking for that elusive affordable home in a great location? Welcome to 20208 San Miguel Ave!
This stylish updated 2 story condo offers many modern conveniences in a wonderful neighborhood. A private ground-level exterior entry provides a townhouse-like feel. The first floor open-flow layout with living room, formal dining area, and island kitchen with all new cabinetry and kitchen appliances feels gracious and inviting. Dining room opens via slider to a private patio with all new irrigated landscaping. Planting includes Meyer lemon, bird of paradise, and year round flowers to enjoy as you listen to the birds, savor your morning coffee or indulge in an evening glass of wine. A half bath downstairs and the attached one car garage with interior access to the kitchen make this a rare condo find indeed!
Upstairs you’ll find great separation of space, with two generously proportioned bedrooms, large closets with sliding double doors, and views to the far hills. The updated upstairs bath provides a dual vanity and water conserving fixtures, and a tile shower over tub.
Additional features include durable new vinyl plank flooring throughout and updated lighting with many LED fixtures for improved energy efficiency. A dedicated washer and dryer, heating system and hot water system are located in the garage. Additional room for storage in garage and attic.
The address is on San Miguel, but the 16 condos in this friendly, low turnover HOA community sit back off the street on a private drive. This gives the complex a central location, while still feeling sheltered from the hubbub of everyday life.
The attached dedicated garage with interior access makes bringing home the groceries an easy task, plus there is an additional deeded parking space on site.
Take a Tour of 20208 San Miguel Avenue
Perfect for first time buyers or retirees, all amenities are walking distance within a few short blocks.
- Directly across the street is Adobe Park, with a children’s play area, art center, bocce ball court, skateboard park, and a lawn where community events such as free family pop-up movie night can be enjoyed on a beautiful autumn evening.
- Castro Valley Boulevard is a block away, featuring: the full variety of food options, the Castro Village shopping center, multiple banks, post office, gyms, martial arts and yoga studios, bowling, Ace Hardware, and the newly opened Castro Valley Marketplace focusing on natural foods.
- Peet’s Coffee and Starbucks within a few blocks.
- The boulevard also features the annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Parade, the Fall Festival, and occasional classic car shows, enjoyed by young and old alike.
- The charming Chabot Theater, showing first-run family movies, is just two blocks away.
- Head towards Somerset on San Miguel & you’ll find Al’s Market two blocks up, with a great butcher shop and fresh produce.
- From an elementary school across the street to the high school 1/2 mile away, students can walk to Castro Valley’s award winning schools. Several day care and pre-school located within a few blocks.
- Castro Valley Performing Arts school is nearby, and a music store offering private lessons is at the end of the block on the boulevard.
- The Castro Valley BART station is a 15 minute walk, providing easy commuting to Oakland, SF, or the South Bay. Hwy 580 access is equally close.
- Castro Valley Farmers Market is held every Sat next to the Bart station.
- Gorgeous Lake Chabot Regional Park is just 2 miles away, with a wealth of picnic areas and walking trails.
- No need to worry about gas prices when everything needed is within walking distance!
- A very short drive to Earl Warren dog park.