1528 Madera Circle
El Cerrito, CA 94530
$1,289,000 | Sold $1,800,000
1528 Madera Circle, El Cerrito, CA 94530
8,581 SF Lot
About 1528 Madera Circle
Rare 4-Level El Cerrito Hills Home with Spectacular Bay, Bridge & City VIEWS!
Perched in the El Cerrito hills, 1528 Madera Circle is a spectacular home featuring stunning bay, bridge, and city VIEWS with four levels of living space and three west-facing decks. Look out to the Golden Gate Bridge and Mt. Tamalpais, or, closer to home, watch deer graze on the hillside below. This 4+bed, 2.5-bath house wins with its location, too. On a quiet tree-lined cul de sac, the home feels secluded but is just minutes from top rated schools, hiking trails, a golf course, San Pablo Avenue shops, restaurants, and BART. As the East Bay continues to reopen, this is where you’ll want to be centered!
Inside, 1528 Madera Circle is a modern showcase of vaulted ceilings, creative uses of natural light, and artistic detailing. plus wonderful separations of space. On the first level you’ll find the primary suite, which opens to a west-facing deck that will spoil you with glorious bay views and the sound of birds chirping. The gorgeously updated en-suite bathroom features a walk-in shower and marble tile.
On the second level below: An open and airy entertaining area with wall-to-wall windows, a cozy fireplace surrounded by built-in bookshelves, an updated eat-in kitchen (stainless steel appliances, marble countertops, built-in microwave), and additional space for a family room. Two sets of sliding glass doors open to an expansive deck for unparalleled indoor-outdoor living. There’s also a stylish powder room with cool copper-accented grout.
On the third level: Newly carpeted stairs lead to 3 bedrooms, each with bay views, an updated shared bathroom, laundry, and a secluded deck with a hot tub, framed by oak trees. On the fourth level: A bonus room with tons of possibility - the previous owners put their art studio here, but it would be great as a home gym, office, or extra bedroom. They also took advantage of ample storage and workshop spaces tucked into subareas.
This rare home exudes everything special about the East Bay.
Features & Updates
- Bay, bridge, city, and Mt. Tam views!
- Vaulted wood-planked ceilings
- Expansive windows
- First level (street level): Entry, primary suite w/ vaulted ceilings, gorgeous en-suite bathroom,
large closets + deck
- Second level: Wall-to-wall windows, living room w/ fireplace, updated eat-in kitchen, deck
- Third level: 3 bedrooms, shared bathroom, laundry, deck, hot tub (Softub)
- Fourth level: Bonus space
- Newly carpeted stairs on the lower levels
- Dual-paned windows
- Attached 2-car garage
- Subareas for storage
- Workshop with utility sink
- Terraced plantings
- 1528 Madera Circle couldn’t be situated in a better neighborhood! Check out what’s nearby:
- The excellent Madera Elementary School is only 1 minute away.
- A terrific location for golfers! Berkeley Country Club is just 3 minutes away, with spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay.
- Wildcat Canyon offers 25 miles of trails and easy access to the Tilden Nature Area.
- El Cerrito Swim Center is great for laps and has a family area, water slide, and swim lessons.
- Arlington Park is the neighborhood’s favorite playground and just 2 minutes from home.
- Well Grounded Coffee on Stockton Avenue has your organic coffee fix and community-minded co-working spaces.
- El Cerrito Natural Grocery on San Pablo Avenue is the perfect place to stock your fridge with organic, gourmet, and specialty foods.
- Are you ready to see movies on the big screen again? Rialto Cinemas Cerrito on San Pablo Avenue is the best!
- Commute with ease: BART’s Del Norte station is 2 miles away, and El Cerrito Plaza station is 3 miles away.
- 16 mi to Downtown SF
- 21 mi to OAK airport