143 Calvert Court
Oakland, CA 94611
143 Calvert Court, Oakland, CA 94611
4 Bedrooms BD
2.5 Bathrooms BA
Built in 1965
About 143 Calvert Court
"The Spalding House" at 143 Calvert Court in Oakland is a two-level mid-century modern masterpiece designed by famed Case Study Houses architect Edward Killingsworth and is the only house he built outside of Southern California. This rare 4-bed, 2.5-bath find is nestled in a grove of live oaks, and 76 (yes, 76!) windows invite the outside in. Signature Killingsworth details include 10-foot ceilings, a floor-to-ceiling travertine fireplace, a floating staircase, floor-to-ceiling cabinets, built-in wet bar, built-in sound system, solar panels and a sun-lit front arcade with views. The clean lines continue outdoor with patios, fountains and king palm trees that evoke a glamorous retro Palm Springs lifestyle. Start your day with a coffee and Bay view from the front deck; end your day lounging on the side patios with friends and martinis, enjoying a fire pit and fountains.
143 Calvert Court is conveniently located right on the outskirts of Piedmont with easy access to downtown Oakland and San Francisco, world-class hiking trails, bike routes, dining and shopping. Oakland taxes, with Piedmont schools (buyer to verify) – best of both worlds!
- 4 miles from the Rockridge BART station
- 12 miles from downtown San Francisco
- 37 miles from Palo Alto
- Montclair Village is just minutes away for dining, shopping and the Sunday farmer’s market.
- Piedmont Community Pool is a popular destination for lap swimmers and families alike.
- Lush city parks include Crocker Park, a jewel with a shady lawn, rhododendrons, camellias and granite bear sculpture by noted sculptor Benny Bufano. Children love Dracena Quarry Park and playground for its climbing wall and cement slide. Piedmont Park has trails, Bushy Dell Creek, a Japanese Tea House and is home to community events like Movies in the Park.