Investing in East Bay Real Estate
Investing in East Bay Area real estate is unlike investing in any other market in the country. You need an agent that truly “gets it” and has been through the process plenty of times.
The Abio Difference
Whether you are buying an investment property as a short-term flip or a long-term hold, you need expert representation in this extraordinary Bay Area market. The Abio team has deep knowledge about up-and-coming neighborhoods, comps, cost-benefit analysis, rental trends, property management, and more.
- We always tell the truth
- No confusing jargon or high-pressure tactics
- On your side every step of the way
- Available exactly when you need us
- Deep knowledge of the local market
- Nimble negotiators
- Skilled project managers who can recognize a property’s potential
- Concierge-level service
- We build relationships, not just transactions
- Our entire Abio team works for you
What we do
- Reﬁne your property search by identifying ideal neighborhoods to invest in
- Provide rental market data
- Connect you with the right property management company
- Provide information and resources regarding 1031 Exchange, construction loan ﬁnancing, and lenders who specialize in multi-unit investments
- Assess your potential return on investment (ROI)
- Counsel you about which property improvements will net the most proﬁt
- Connect you with experienced design and construction professionals
Whether you’re a ﬁrst-timer or a seasoned real estate investor, the Abio team provides you with the knowledge and advantages so you can reap the biggest proﬁts with the fewest headaches.
Why the East Bay is a great region to invest in
The Bay Area’s hot housing market has migrated east. (Sorry, San Francisco.) For the smart investor, the region still has up-and-coming neighborhoods that are often overlooked.
Residential property values have been rising steadily in Contra Costa and Alameda counties. Simply put, more people want to move here for affordability, access to public transit, job growth, good schools and the diverse East Bay lifestyle that suits families and young professionals alike.
Tech start-ups and major companies have been setting up shop, moving to, or expanding in the East Bay. Recent high-proﬁle moves to Downtown Oakland include Pandora Media, Oracle, and Blue Shield of California. Sungevity, Clorox, and Kaiser Permanente also call Oakland home. Tesla and Facebook have expansions planned in Fremont.
People continue to migrate from metro centers to the suburbs. The exodus is driven by affordability, availability of homes for sale and rentals, jobs and good schools. Dublin, Brentwood and Hercules are among the fastest-growing cities in the East Bay. Dublin alone grew by nearly 26 percent between 2010-2017 and ranked third on Realtor.com’s study of America’s “10 Top Suburban Neighborhoods.”
Investor Tips & Tools
- Learn 10 Things About a 1031 Exchange
- 3 Key Reasons Why the East Bay is Ripe for Real Estate Investing
Finance Tools & Calculators
Rental & Multi-Unit Properties
Abio co-founder and experienced investor Cameron Platt suggests that beginners read: The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling by Steve Berges.
Let us help you calculate a property’s potential proﬁtability by building a personalized pro forma spreadsheet. We’ll look at your anticipated ﬁnancing, monthly mortgage payments, closing fees, property taxes, utility costs, management fees, vacancy losses, and more. Contact us for a consult.