City of Piedmont
It’s easy to see why Piedmont is one of the most desirable places to live in the East Bay. It’s surrounded by the best parts of Oakland and is steeped in rich history. The Bohemians made their mark here during the early 20th century, and magnificent mansions went up during the Roaring Twenties. Today, Tudor and Craftsman-style homes are nestled on tree-lined streets, and residents can access top-rated K-12 schools. Look at what’s mere minutes away:
- Piedmont Avenue is your hub for boutique shopping, a variety of yoga, pilates, and other fitness/wellness centers, and dining at foodie favorites like Michelin-starred Commis, Shimizu Sushi, Caffe on Piedmont, Bar Cesar and Fentons Creamery.
- Catch a film at the 1917 Piedmont Theatre, or take the family to Piedmont Park’s free summer movie nights.
- Play 18 holes at the 100+-year-old Claremont Country Club, which includes 7 tennis courts and 2 outdoor pools.
- Favorite parks include Dracena Quarry (8-acres of lawn, playground, climbing wall, and dog run) and Piedmont Park (home to trails, Bushy Dell Creek, a Japanese Tea House and community events).
- Miles of hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking trails in the nearby East Bay regional parks.
- Piedmont Unified Schools consistently earn top grades from Great Schools!