929 Dwight Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94710
$885,000 | sold $1,360,000
929 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94710
3,870 SF Lot
About 929 Dwight Avenue
Charming West Berkeley Bungalow in the Middle of Everything!
You can’t beat this West Berkeley bungalow’s convenient location! 929 Dwight Way is a 3-bed, 2-bath California craftsman near bustling San Pablo Ave, eclectic restaurants, shops, parks, Berkeley Bowl, public transportation, and just 2 miles from UC Berkeley. If you want a transit, bike, and pedestrian-friendly neighborhood, this is it.
You’ll love the house, too, of course. Traditional 1920s architectural hallmarks include a welcoming front porch with craftsman piers and columns, a living room with built-ins and fireplace, box ceilings, and hardwood floors. Modern updates include an open floor plan, which provides a seamless flow between the living room, dining area and kitchen. The bright kitchen features a breakfast bar, skylight, and access to a spacious backyard deck. The deck is the perfect size for an outdoor living room, where you can enjoy a good summer read, host BBQs, and spend long nights with friends under the stars. The low-maintenance yard also features peach, orange, and lemon trees. Back inside, the primary bedroom boasts a versatile anteroom, which can be a 3rd bedroom, office, den or even a Peloton studio.
Also cool: 929 Dwight Way is less than a block from the historic Sawtooth Building, home to art, music and dance studios. Expect to be welcomed in for occasional artisan open studio events. Come see your future neighborhood today!
Features & Updates
- One-story California craftsman bungalow
- Focal fireplace in living room
- Craftsman details: built-ins and box ceilings
- Primary bedroom with walk-in closet. Opens to back deck.
- Anteroom (off primary bedroom) can be 3rd bedroom, office, den, exercise studio…You choose!
- Hardwood floors
- Main living area opens to spacious backyard deck
- Updated lighting
- Fresh paint throughout
- Peach, orange, and lemon trees
- Detached 2 car garage
- Updated systems include: solar panels, tankless water heater, newer combined gas/electric furnace & sprinkler system
Take a Tour of 929 Dwight Avenue
Want a transit-, bike- and walk-friendly neighborhood in West Berkeley? This is it! 929 Dwight Way is close to bustling San Pablo Ave, parks, the historic Sawtooth Building artist studios, UC Berkeley, buses, BART, and more.
10 Things to Do Here
- Enjoy the convenience of living less than 3 blocks from San Pablo Ave., which is lined with shops, taquerias, cafes, and other businesses.
- Wake up with brunch at 900 Grayson, a buzzy breakfast spot just 0.4 mi from home.
- Climb the walls at Berkeley Ironworks, an incredible climbing terrain and gym with fitness classes, including yoga. 0.8 mi. away.
- Fill the fridge: The seller tells us she could walk to beloved Berkeley Bowl West, just 0.6 mi. from home. Even closer is Franklin Bros. Market, where she’d stop for quick groceries, their homemade soups and quiches.
- Tap into Rare Barrel Brewery, where you can spend a sunny day on the dog-friendly patio sipping barrel-aged sour beers. 0.3 mi away.
- Scamper at Strawberry Creek Park, an upgraded playground with … this is very important … COFFEE on site. Hidden Cafe has an artsy Berkeley vibe and serves food, too. The park has a creek to explore and metal slide carved into the hillside. 0.7 mi. from home.
- Make time for mochi and matcha! Third Culture Bakery, just 0.3 mi. from home, serves gluten-free mochi muffins, butter mochi donuts, brownies, and hand-whisked matcha.
- Wander down the block for dinner at Longbranch, where reviewers rave about the smoked ribs, ribeye steaks, and whiskey selection.
- Get inspired at Ohmega Salvage for interior and exterior home projects. Just 0.3 mi. away, Ohmega is an architectural mecca, packed with unique and antique hardware, wrought iron, doors, lighting, and so so so much more.
- Enjoy easy commutes: There’s a bus stop 1 minute from home. (If you’re headed to UC Berkeley, it’s a 2-mile bus ride.) North Berkeley and South Berkeley BART stations are each 1.5 mi. away. Driving? Quick access to San Pablo Ave. and I-580.
Share this Listing
Partner, Associate Broker, SRES