736 Calmar Avenue
Oakland CA 94610
$1,349,000 | sold $1,900,000
736 Calmar Avenue, Oakland CA 94610
5,060 SF Lot
About 736 Calmar Avenue
This spectacularly-situated Crocker Highlands home is ideally located with close proximity to the Lakeshore and Grand Lake shops, restaurants, historic movie theater, acclaimed farmers market and more. The house is built for comfortable living with enviable views of verdant hills and a functional, surprisingly flexible floor plan. The main level boasts an updated eat-in kitchen adjacent to a gracious formal dining room and elegant living room centered around a fireplace with gas insert, with an inviting and expansive composite wood deck. Two bedrooms and a full bath round out the first floors features, along with a soundproof music room/den that is not included in the measured living space.
Downstairs, accessible via internal stairway or through a separate side entrance, are two more bedrooms, a spacious full bath, and a large family room with kitchenette, which allows the lower level to be used as a separate living space for more independent members of a household should it be desired.
The deep, terraced downslope lot is ready for enjoyment, relaxation, or planting by the next green-thumbed owner.
Features & Updates
- Updated eat in kitchen with stainless steel appliances, stone countertops, pantry
- Elegant living room with gas insert fireplace
- Access expansive deck from dining/living room
- Grand primary bedroom with walk in closet on main level
- Recently resurfaced shower tile surround and bathroom tub on main level
- Lower level with two bedrooms and one bath has side entrance
- Recently repainted interior walls, exterior front, exterior back deck rail and back deck wall
- Partial finished basement provides ample storage
- Bonus spaces from the upstairs music den to the downstairs media room
- Recently refreshed landscaping with pavers, moss stone, and stairs. Installed patio areas and an artificial grass play area. Pruned oak and other trees in the backyard.
Take a Tour of 736 Calmar Avenue
736 Calmar Avenue is located in the desirable Crocker Highlands neighborhood just a few easy blocks from Lake Merritt and the vibrant Grand Lake district.
- Crocker Highlands neighborhood is filled with rolling hills, tree-lined streets and stylish Craftsman, Spanish, Tudor and Arts & Crafts homes.
- Lakeshore Avenue shops with the Saturday farmers market, cafes, a yoga studio, yogurt shop, Trader Joe’s, Arizmendi Bakery, Shakewell, Bardo Lounge, and more!
- Grand Avenue is known for delicious dining, shopping and movies at the Grand Lake Theater, named one of the top 10 vintage theaters in the nation.
- Near Lake Merritt, a great spot for a 3-mile walk or run. And home to the whimsical Children’s Fairyland.
- Top-rated Crocker Highlands Elementary (via greatschools.org).
- 2 miles from the 19th Street BART station.
- 11 miles from downtown San Francisco.
Share this Listing
Partner, Broker, JD, CRS