$1,985,000 | Sold $2,052,000
682 Old Jonas Hill Road, Lafayette, CA 94549
1 SF Lot
Live among the trees in this stunning Mid-Century Modern house where floor-to-ceiling windows, wraparound decks, and meandering garden paths blur the lines between nature and shelter. 682 Old Jonas Hill Road is a sophisticated 4-bed and 2-bath home nestled in the coveted Lafayette Woodlands. It's just 1.5 miles from charming downtown Lafayette, BART, and A+ schools. Everything’s at your fingertips yet feels a world away!
This unique oasis sits at the end of a peaceful cul-de-sac on an oak-studded 1.16-acre parcel. A spectacular mature oak tree takes center stage on the front deck that's constructed around it. Step inside to soaring ceilings and breathtaking floor-to-ceiling windows in the living and dining rooms. Lush views of oaks, Japanese maples, and California natives are everywhere.
The sleek chef's kitchen, which boasts double ovens and stone counters, joins the great room. A wall of sliding glass doors opens to the wraparound deck for seamless outdoor living and entertaining. 682 Old Jonas Hill Rd. will quickly become your friends’ and family’s favorite all-seasons gathering place! It also can be your own peaceful retreat when you need it. A trickling pond off the back deck is an idyllic spot for morning tea and meditation. Or wander down the flagstone paths among abundant azaleas, heather, roses, maples, grasses, and water-wise plantings. This picture-perfect setting has hosted at least one previous wedding!
The bedroom wing features 4 spacious rooms with expansive windows or sliding glass doors to the deck and paths. Other hallmarks of Mid-Century Modern design include a wide fireplace in the living room, gorgeous hardwood floors, a wood-burning stove in the great room, and a wall of “hidden” cabinetry serving the great room and kitchen. This RARE listing is a MUST-visit!
682 Old Jonas Hill Rd. is perfectly positioned just 1.5 miles from charming downtown Lafayette and all its restaurants, bakeries, boutiques, and town festivals. Lafayette truly has a lovely village vibe! People also move here for the A+ schools, multitude of trails, and easy access to BART and the rest of the Bay Area. You’re 1.5 mi. from Lafayette Elementary, 1.2 mi. from Stanley Middle School, 2 mi. from Campolinda High, and 3 mi. from Acalanes High.
Top 10 Things to Do Here
- Lafayette is for foodies! Do date night downtown at Social Bird, Postino, Barranco, RÊVE Bistro, (“a little Paris in the hood”) or The Cooperage. All are about 1.5 mi. from home.
- Bike, run, stroll, skate, paddle boat, or fish your way around the peaceful Lafayette Reservoir. The regional gem is just a few minutes away.
- Start your Sunday Funday at the Sideboard with a mimosa or “Vampiro” Bloody Mary (with crispy bacon garnish) before diving into eggs benny, crispy potatoes, or the house-made coffee cake. 1.5 mi. from home.
- Picnic and play in Lafayette Plaza Park on the big grassy lawn after grabbing lunch to-go from one of the nearby eateries such as Sideboard, Roam Burgers, and El Jarro. Or make your picnic an evening affair because families love the free Friday night concert series every summer. 1.3 mi. away.
- Soak in breathtaking views from any of the Briones Regional Park trails. Start at the Lafayette Ridge Staging Area, 3 mi. away.
- Get farm-fresh strawberries while they last! The Sunday Walnut Creek Farmer’s Market is 5.5 mi. from home.
- Sip award-winning beers at the Headlands Brewing Company, where the beer garden is kid- and dog-friendly. 1.7 mi. away.
- Fill the fridge. Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and Safeway are each about 1.5 mi. from home. Locals also love upscale Diablo Foods, 1.6 mi. away.
- Stroll through the Lafayette Art & Wine Festival, the county’s biggest event every September.
- Enjoy a convenient commute: Lafayette BART station is 1.8 mi. away, and you’re minutes from Hwy. 24 and I-680. Oakland airport and downtown SF are each about 23 mi. away.