6624 Saroni Drive
Oakland, CA 94611
$1,385,000 | Sold $1,550,000
6624 Saroni Drive, Oakland, CA 94611
About 6624 Saroni Drive
Harkening back to a bygone era of style and elegance, 6624 Saroni Drive is a remarkable mid-century modern home designed by visionary Case Study architect Beverley “David” Thorne in Oakland’s coveted Montclair neighborhood.
An entertainer’s dream, this elegant 1959 hillside home is suspended in the air by Thorne’s signature “steel and glass” frame, drawing you in with its light-filled open layout, clean lines, and floor-to-ceiling windows and doors. Many rooms of this 2-story, 4-bed, 2.5-bath home enjoy evergreen views of trees and the Bay.
6624 Saroni Drive is located in Oakland’s beautiful Montclair area, known for its quiet wooded hills, winding streets, and proximity to charming Montclair Village. You’re just minutes from:
- Montclair Village’s shopping and dining district. Diverse eats include EM Deli (possibly the best local kimchi) and Perle wine bar and bistro (named by Wine Spectator magazine as one of its “12 Fabulous French Wine Restaurants in the U.S.”)
- Farmers markets and community events like the Fall Art Walk and Montclair Beer, Wine & Music Festival
- Parks, hikes, and recreation, including Shepherd Canyon Park, Bridgeview Trail along Sausal Creek, Montclair Swim Club, and the Montclair Golf Course.
- Top-rated schools like Montclair Elementary, which scored a 9 from GreatSchools.org
- Rockridge BART station: 4 miles
- Downtown San Francisco: 15 miles