6616 Saroni Drive
Oakland, CA 94611
$1,195,000 | sold $1,805,000
6616 Saroni Drive, Oakland, CA 94611
5,720 SF Lot
About 6616 Saroni Drive
Here's your chance to live on Montclair’s most coveted street in a gorgeously updated Mid-Century Modern home! It features 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 awesome YARDS, and BONUS SPACE – including a guest suite, expansive workshop, and accessory structure (man-cave, she-shed, playhouse…you choose). 6616 Saroni Drive is the heart of a welcoming block beloved for its supportive community, its proximity to charming Montclair Village, and well-known annual Halloween block party.
Every thoughtful update made to 6616 Saroni over the years is impeccable. From the street, a short staircase leads down to a private and rare front yard surrounded by greenery. A raised flagstone patio is a serene spot to sip morning coffee, while the “almost real” lawn is perfect for playing catch or kicking a ball. Inside, head straight to the chef’s updated kitchen because it's stunning with sleek wood cabinetry, white stone counters, geometric tile backsplashes, Bosch appliances, wine refrigerator, and large peninsula with breakfast bar. The kitchen looks out on the front yard, which the sellers noted was perfect for keeping eyes on children at play.
The open living and dining rooms are equally impressive with vaulted, exposed-beam ceilings that enhance the natural light. The fluid design emphasizes nature – every picture window showcases treetop views of surrounding bays, pines, and eucalyptus. Wide glass doors open to a deck overlooking the backyard. This great room also features a fireplace and beautiful pegged, original hardwood floors. Three bedrooms, including the primary suite, are located on a separate wing away from the bustle.
Head downstairs for movie night in the comfy entertainment room, which includes another fireplace, wet bar, mini-fridge, and backyard access. A roomy guest or au pair suite also is located here.
So much BONUS space! For makers, there’s a vast basement workshop with ample shelving, benches, Resilia flooring, power sources, and light. The backyard includes a small, versatile structure previously used as an office or playhouse. The backyard itself is a sunny and level retreat – a coveted characteristic in the Montclair hills.
Words and photos can't do 6616 Saroni enough justice. This is a must-tour home!
Features & Updates
- Mid-Century Modern
- Located on a wide, level street (rare and coveted!)
- Street-level garage
- Beautiful entry: Short stairway down to peaceful and private front yard with flagstone patio and water-wise “almost real” lawn
- Sleek and modern, custom Walnut wood cabinetry
- White stone counters
- Chic geometric tile backsplashes
- Bosch kitchen appliances (including double oven with built-in microwave)
- 4-door French door refrigerator
- Wine refrigerator
- Peninsula with breakfast bar
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Vaulted, exposed-beam ceilings
- Treetop views of bays, pines, and eucalyptus
- Deck overlooking backyard
- Pegged, original hardwood floors
- 3 bedrooms on this level
- Primary suite includes bright updated bathroom with glass-enclosed shower
- Shared hallway bathroom with shower over tub
- Entertainment room
- Wet bar + mini-fridge
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Office and/or guest/au pair suite with quality, built-in, custom made murphy bed + walk-in closet (easily switch office into guest bedroom)
- Ample storage
- Access to backyard
- Private and rare, level front yard with draught tolerant lawn perfect for playing catch
- Front raised flagstone patio
- Backyard is a sunny and level retreat – a coveted characteristic in the Montclair hills
- Bonus backyard structure (51 sq. ft.) with window and insulation for play, storage, office, she-shed, man-cave (no electricity, not permitted)
- Workshop in basement: ample shelving, benches, Resilia flooring
- Low voltage/ethernet wiring with dedicated space and circuits for internet equipment in basement
- Extra basement storage, space for wine cellar
- EV charging in garage (50A dedicated circuit compatible with any EV)
- 1GBit AT&T Fiber
- Whole-house generator hookup + cutoff switch
- Updated designer lighting
- Double-paned windows throughout entire house
Take a Tour of 6616 Saroni Drive
6616 Saroni is moments from dozens of restaurants, cafes, shops, grocers, farmer’s markets, and trails. Seriously convenient! You’re 1 mile from charming Montclair Village. Montclair Elementary also is 1 mi. away, and Joaquin Miller Elementary is 2 mi. away. You also get easy access to Hwy 13, 24, College Avenue, and BART.
10 Things To Do
- Cycle, jog, or stroll down the pretty Montclair Railroad Trail. You can access the trail a few minutes from home, and the paved path leads to charming the Montclair Village, 1 mi. away.
- Wake up with breakfast at the Egg Shop in the heart of Montclair Village. Locals love all the brunchy basics. Over 800 Yelp reviewers can’t be wrong.
- It’s strawberry season! If you’re not already growing your own in your sunny yard, go shopping at the Montclair Farmer’s Market on Sundays.
- Dine out at our favorite local restaurant – Daughter Thai Kitchen with beautiful indoor-outdoor ambiance, bold flavors, and creative cocktails. 1 mi. away.
- Meet a friend for coffee. The village offers SO many caffeinated choices: Highwire Coffee Roasters, Yellow Door, Paddington Café, Starbucks, and Peets.
- Do date night at Perle wine bar and bistro, which was recommended by Wine Spectator magazine as one of “12 Fabulous French Wine Restaurants in the U.S.” 1 mi. from home.
- Feed your sweet tooth with Belgian chocolates from Le Bonbon, Colonial Donuts, Tutti Frutti fro-yo, and Yogofina in Montclair Village.
- Fill the fridge with essentials from Safeway (1.4 mi.), Lucky (1 mi.), Trader Joe’s (5 mi.) or Whole Foods (5 mi.).
- Play at Shepherd Canyon Park, where the 34 acres include sports fields and hillside trails that provide dazzling sunset views. Picnic near the creek and take the rope swing for a spin. 1.4 mi. from home.
- Enjoy easy commuting around the Bay Area. You’re moments from Hwy 13, and the BART Rockridge station is 4 mi. away.
Share this Listing
Partner, Associate Broker, SRES