6477 Melville Drive
Oakland, CA 94611
$1,285,000 | Sold $1,915,000
6477 Melville Drive, Oakland, CA 94611
6,797 SF Lot
About 6477 Melville Drive
This custom beauty at 6477 Melville Drive in Oakland’s prized Piedmont Pines neighborhood is your once-in-a-lifetime dream home filled with rich architectural details, exquisite materials, and sumptuous space. Here in the gently rolling hills – and only a block or so from Redwood Regional Park trails – premier builder John Allen designed this 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom Mediterranean estate for his own family, which explains the high level of craftsmanship.
Set back on Melville Drive, you might only notice the tiled roofline and minimalist street-level garage. Stairs lead down to the home’s arched entry, where your guests will walk into an elegant foyer with ebony marble inlay floors and warm floor-to-ceiling wood paneling. On this main level, sunlight flows through arched windows and accentuates rich wood detailing in the crown molding, built-ins, and doorways. The living room features a spectacular boxed beam ceiling and a double-sided fireplace framed in marble. On the fireplace’s other side is an entertainer’s dining room with mahogany-hued wainscotting and French doors that open to a tiled patio with an arched trellis overhead.
Designer details carry into the chef’s kitchen with quartz counters, high-end stainless-steel appliances, and bay window eating area. Need fresh ingredients for your recipe? Your garden grows rosemary, citrus, apples, and more.
Walk down a flight of stairs in this tri-level home to your magnificent primary bedroom suite, better described as a luxury lounge! A double-sided fireplace divides the suite in half. On one side, the bedroom has rich wood paneling, built-in drawers, and a flat screen TV over the fireplace. On the other side, an airy sitting room features built-in shelving and a wet bar. This suite also has a private staircase to the lower garden.
Two more bedrooms, a bathroom and laundry area are located on the lowest level.
Outside, the peaceful backyard is surrounded by greenery and features an expansive patio, perfect for epic BBQs, brunches, or sunset dinners. Also, don’t miss the gorgeous glass-paneled solarium on the top/street level with peekaboo views across the Bay. The flexible space suits a studio, office, gym, lounge… many possibilities!
This is a unique, must-see property. The photos are impressive, but in real life it is breathtaking! On your way here, notice that Melville Drive is moments from extensive hiking and mountain biking trails. Don’t be surprised if a few equestrians trot by. And Montclair Village, with its delicious food and boutique shops, is only 2 miles away.
Features & Updates
- Elegant foyer with rich wood paneling + marble inlay flooring
- Living room with spectacular boxed beam ceiling and tall arched windows
- Double-sided fireplace framed in marble
- Formal dining room with mahogany-hued wainscotting and French doors that open to a tiled patio with an arched trellis overhead.
- Chef’s kitchen with quartz counters, high-end stainless-steel appliances, pantry
- Bay window “breakfast” nook with a built-in buffet + glass front cabinets
- Guest room/office
- Guest bathroom
- Luxury lounge!
- Double-sided fireplace
- Rich wood paneling in the bedroom area
- Built-in clothing drawers and display shelves
- Flat screen TV over fireplace
- Sun-drenched sitting room + study
- Wet bar
- Walk-in closet
- En suite bathroom with tub + glass-enclosed walk-in shower
- Private staircase leading down to the garden
- Two generous bedrooms, each with sunny niches for a desk, workout room or reading nook
- Full bathroom with shower over tub
- Access to the backyard
- Laundry area
- Solarium with peekaboo views across the Bay. Flexible for art studio, office, gym, lounge…
- 2-car garage
Take a Tour of 6477 Melville Drive
6477 Melville is located in Oakland’s coveted Piedmont Pines neighborhood. It’s moments from Redwood Regional Park’s hiking and biking trails and close to bustling Montclair Village with its delicious food + boutique shops (only 2 mi. from home!). Residents also enjoy easy access to AC Transit + freeways.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO HERE
- Answer the call of the great outdoors! You’re only a block and a half from a Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park trailhead. And when you exhaust those trails, head to nearby Joaquin Miller Park to hike, bike, walk the dog, or ride horseback.
- Start your Sunday fun day in Montclair Village (just 2.3 mi. from home) with brunch at the Egg Shop, followed by a stroll through the farmer’s market. Enjoy dinner at Perle bistro, recommended by Wine Spectator as one of “12 Fabulous French Wine Restaurants in the U.S.”
- Stargaze at the Chabot Space & Science Center, just 1 mi. from home.
- Did you stay up too late at Chabot? Get your morning fix at Highwire Coffee Roasters, 2 mi. from home.
- Wander through Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve, an ecological jewel where you can see native plants found nowhere else in the East Bay. 2.5 mi. away.
- Hit a hole-in-one at the Montclair Golf Course, just 6 min. away.
- Get take-out from neighborhood favorite Daughter Thai Kitchen, a quick 2 mi. trip.
- Fill the fridge at Trader Joe’s, 4.7 mi. away in the bustling Lakeshore district.
- See a big-screen movie in style at the historic Grand Lake Theater, 10 min. from home. Don’t miss the Mighty Wurlitzer Organ preludes on Fri. and Sat. nights.
- Experience convenient commuting:
- Quick access to Hwy 13
- BART – Rockridge station: 5.6 mi.
- Downtown San Francisco: 16 mi.
- Oakland airport: 10 mi.