644 58th Street
Oakland, CA 94609
$799,000 | Sold $900,000
644 58th Street, Oakland, CA 94609
3,350 SF Lot
About 644 58th Street
Picture Perfect NOBE Bungalow
This picture-perfect NOBE bungalow is perched above the street with excellent flow over hardwood floors. A decorative fireplace with built-in bookshelves graces the living room upon entry along with a large picture window to capture views and let in lots of natural light. Two spacious bedrooms are nicely separated, located on either side of the stylishly updated hall bathroom with a shower over tub. The eat-in kitchen sits at the rear of the home, featuring all new appliances, quartz counters, open shelving and new cabinetry. Hardwood oak floors meander throughout. Out back, a deck overlooks the surprisingly deep back yard, with a stairway down to the separate entrance to a full basement containing laundry and garage space, the whole of which is ripe for expansion as a possible ADU or integration into the home.
644 58th Street is located in the heart of one of Oakland’s most popular neighborhoods, written up by Sunset Magazine and the New York Times for its diversity, gourmet offerings, hip boutiques and pubs. Highlights include:
- You might never need a car to enjoy a meal out! A few steps or bike pedals away, you’ll find Cholita Linda, Pizziaolo, Burma Superstar, Bakesale Betty, Sacred Wheel cheese shop, Bowl’d Korean BBQ, Homeroom, Dona Tomas, and Hogs Apothecary beer hall and purveyor of handcrafted “porcine delights” (sausage).
- If you’re struggling to choose a restaurant, attend the annual Taste of Temescal for a culinary crawl each fall along Telegraph Avenue from 40th to 52nd streets, Temescal Alley, and Claremont Avenue.
- Traditional and unique services include the old fashioned Temescal Alley Barber Shop, the Tool Lending Library, and The East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse.
- Grab groceries at the Sunday Temescal Farmers Market, Market Hall and Temescal Produce.
- Kid parks and dog parks abound. Frog park is a greenbelt with redwood groves, butterfly gardens, play structures and a creek.
- Less then 1 mile from MacArthur BART station and 1.3 miles from Rockridge BART station.
- Schools serving this neighborhood include Peralta Elementary, which scored an 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org.
- 10 miles from downtown San Francisco.