6008 Monadnock Way
Oakland, CA 94605
$698,000 | sold $1,105,000
6008 Monadnock Way, Oakland, CA 94605
3,800 SF Lot
About 6008 Monadnock Way
A jewel in Oakland’s sought-after Millsmont neighborhood, 6008 Monadnock Way is a classic 1920s California bungalow that lives large with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a spaciously updated kitchen. You’ll fall in love with the period details that make this sweet home stand out: The inviting walkway with arched porch entry, the interior flow through sunlit rooms and arched passageways, the vintage fireplace, glowing hardwood floors, and the dining room built-in cabinets. You won’t mind having lots of cooks in this eat-in kitchen, stylishly updated with refreshing ocean-blue glass tile backsplashes, white Silestone quartz countertops, generous cabinetry, and a large chalkboard for jotting your daily inspirations. From the kitchen, wander out back into your private garden, lined with planting beds where veggies can soak up all those sunny Millsmont days. Speaking of green thumbs… The prolific Meyer lemon tree in front never disappoints. You’ll always have fresh garnishes for your cocktails and squeezes for your sweet or savory dishes.
This charmer is move-in-ready! The primary bedroom suite is tucked away for privacy and includes its own backyard entry. The front bedroom includes a generous walk-in closet (rare bonus!). And if you need a separate home office or studio space, the detached garage is a perfect fit. A long driveway that’s gated affords you even more privacy. What's more, the location can’t be beaten. Monadnock is a quiet one-way street located just steps from the park-like Mills College campus and beloved neighborhood eateries. Also enjoy easy access to I-580 and BART.
Features & Updates
- 1920s bungalow
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Fireplace in living room
- Dining room with classic Craftsman-era built-ins
- Stylishly updated eat-in kitchen with stainless steel appliances, generous cabinetry, glass tile backsplashes
- Front bedroom with walk-in closet
- Primary bedroom suite with glass-enclosed shower
- Versatile 3rd bedroom
- Shared bathroom with tub
- Detached garage
- Long, gated driveway
- Fresh paint throughout
- Landscaped front yard with prolific lemon tree
- Private backyard with planting beds
- Stacked washer/dryer off the kitchen
Take a Tour of 6008 Monadnock Way
6008 Monadnock Way sits on a one-way street in the Millsmont neighborhood, where Oakland’s foothills begin to rise. It’s just a few minutes from stores, main freeways, and green spaces like Leona Canyon (3 mi. from home) and the beautiful Mills College campus, about 1 mi. away. Millsmont fun fact: Subdivision maps from the 1920s originally named this area Chimes Terrace because new residents could hear the bells of the Mills College 72-foot Spanish Mission-style campanile.
Top 5 Things to Do Right Out Your Front Door
- Stroll through the park-like Mills College campus, located less than 1 mi. from home. Visit the art museum, soak in classical and modern music at the concert hall, and attend special lectures and events like the annual Pow Wow and Indigenous Red Market.
- Get your fill of pad thai and Thai iced tea at the beloved Old Weang Ping Village restaurant on MacArthur Boulevard, just a block and half from home. Believe all those 5-star reviews on Yelp!
- Head into the redwoods – just 5 mi. from home. Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park is a forest of peaceful groves, where you could spot deer, bunnies, even an eagle.
- Play at Concordia Park, just 2 minutes away. There’s a playground for the littles and basketball courts, tennis, and playing fields.
- Enjoy a super easy commute:
* I-580 is 1 mi. from home.
* BART Fruitvale and Collesium/Airport stations are both 2.5 mi. away.
* Downtown San Francisco: 16.3 mi. away
* Oakland airport: 6.4 mi. away