559 Crofton Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
$1,595,000 | sold $2,005,000
559 Crofton Avenue, Oakland, CA 94610
6,650 SF Lot
About 559 Crofton Avenue
This charming and handsomely shingled 4-bedroom home is a rare and wonderful find in Oakland’s desirable Grand Lake neighborhood, known for its vibrant shopping and dining district and farmers’ markets. 559 Crofton Avenue has it all – location, views, a lush garden, decks for entertaining, a large master suite, and a cozy au pair apartment with private entrance.
From the inviting porch and entry, it is clear that this 1912 classic was lovingly maintained by owners who embraced the traditional beauty of hardwood floors, coved ceilings, built-ins, wainscoting, and clawfoot tubs. The kitchen and bathrooms have been thoughtfully updated with granite counters, lighting, tile, and stainless steel appliances such as a Viking stove.
Remarkable for its generous square footage, 559 Crofton includes an office on the first level, a light-filled master suite and deck on the second level, and an eat-in kitchen that flows seamlessly to a broad back deck overlooking a manicured lawn, mature oak tree, elegant wisteria, and raised garden beds. Hosting a barbeque or spring cocktail party couldn’t be easier!
What you don’t grow in your edible garden, buy at the nearby Grand Lake farmers’ market every Saturday for organic produce and artisanal cheese, or dine out at one of Lakeshore or Grand Avenue’s many highly-acclaimed restaurants and catch a movie at the historic Grand Lake Theater.
Features & Updates
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances, Viking stove
- Kitchen cabinets include appliance “garages”
- Living room with granite fireplace
- Bright dining room with built-in buffet and boxed ceiling
- Large light-filled master bedroom and bathroom, including jet tub
- Lower-level suite with kitchen, full bath, and private entrance to use as an in-law or au pair apartment, home office, AirBnB… You choose!
- Updated bathrooms
- Updated lighting
- Nest thermostat
- Central vacuum system
- Stacked washer and dryer
- Bonus storage space and shelving in detached 2-car garage
- Sewer lateral compliant
559 Crofton Avenue in Oakland’s Grand Lake district is nestled on a quiet, curving street with views of downtown and across the bay. Dining, shops, entertainment, parks, and great schools are mere minutes away! The neighborhood is bordered by the equally desirable Piedmont and Crocker areas.
- Half a mile, or 3 minute drive, to Lakeshore Avenue’s cafes, yoga studios, yogurt shops, Trader Joe’s market, Arizmendi bakery, the Saturday farmers market and more!
- Nearby Grand Avenue is known for delicious dining (the acclaimed Camino and Mijori sushi, to name just two), shopping and movies at the Grand Lake Theater, one of the top 10 vintage theaters in the nation.
- Nearby Lake Merritt is a great spot for a 3-mile walk or run, and home to the whimsical Children’s Fairyland.
- 2 miles to the 19th Street BART station.
- 11.5 miles from downtown San Francisco.
Share this Listing
Partner, Broker, JD, CRS