438 W Grand #413
Oakland, CA 94612
$885,000 | sold $905,000
438 W Grand #413, Oakland, CA 94612
About 438 W Grand #413
If you hate the art scene, live music, fine dining, hand-crafted cocktails, and car-free living, stop reading. Seriously, don’t waste your time looking at this sophisticated and spacious 2-story, 2-bed, 2.5 bath condo in the heart of Oakland’s exciting Uptown district. You’d probably hate the city views, the tall ceilings and windows, and the rare townhouse style that’s free from upstairs neighbors.
But if you have a refined taste for unrivaled urban living, welcome home! Unit #413 is located in the highly desirable Broadway Grand building on the vibrant corner where Broadway meets Grand Avenue. This bright condo features hardwood floors, expansive living spaces, a modern kitchen with granite counters and a breakfast bar, and a powder room on the main level. Two bedrooms and bathrooms are located on the second level, providing a peaceful separation of space. The oversized primary suite features a generous walk-in closet and en suite bathroom with dual sinks. The guest bedroom/office also has its own bathroom.
It's your perfect home base for exploring bustling Uptown. All this and more are right out your front door: soul food at Brown Sugar Kitchen, live shows at the Paramount and Fox, Make Westing cocktail lounge, the First Fridays food and arts street fair, unique boutiques, healthy groceries, Lake Merritt, and BART. City living at it's best!
Features & Updates
- 2-story townhouse-style condominium
- Hardwood floors
- Oakland city views
- Tall ceilings
- Bright and airy floor plan
- Modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, gas stove
- Granite counters
- Breakfast bar
- Bedrooms on separate level for privacy
- Primary bedroom with walk-in closet, en suite bathroom, dual sinks, shower, tons of storage
- Guest bedroom and bathroom with shower over tub
- Recessed lighting
- In-unit washer/dryer
- Building with secure garage
- Community fitness center
- Designer lobby
- Located in the Broadway Grand, an Art Deco-inspired mid-rise
Take a Tour of 438 W Grand #413
Your new home is located in the Broadway Grand building in the heart of Uptown, one of Oakland’s hottest neighborhoods. The vibrant arts and entertainment district is filled with restaurants, boutiques, bars, and live music venues in historic Art Deco buildings.
Top 10 Things To Do Here
- First Fridays are baaaack! After a long pandemic break, the lively food and art street festival has returned to Telegraph Avenue between West Grand and 27th. 1 min. from your front door!
- Catch a show at the beautiful Paramount Theatre a historic landmark serving all the arts – symphony, soul, rock ‘n roll, ballet, movie classics, and more. Only .2 mi. away.
- Rock at The Fox another architectural masterpiece that has hosted legendary concerts. .3 mi away.
- Plan a Sunday Funday around Lake Merritt, a half-mile from home. Eat brunch at Lake Chalet, stroll the 3-mi. lake path, go boating, admire the Bonsai Garden, or zoom around on a rented electric scooter.
- Discover new artists (and artwork for your condo) at an Art Murmur gallery walk. See the exhibit schedule here.
- Experience Uptown’s bar scene – from casual pubs to bespoke cocktail lounges – all easy to reach without a car. Some local favs: Luka’s, Make Westing, Viridian, The Athletic Club sports bar, and Starline Social Club.
- Eat your way through Uptown. Must-tries: Brown Sugar Soul Kitchen, Belly for Korean-Mexican fusion street food, Hopscotch for bespoke cocktails and American-Japanese fusion, mouthwatering Umami Burger, and Agave Uptown Oaxacan cuisine.
- Shop local at Oaklandish for city-pride apparel with screen-printed graphics designed by community artists. .6 mi. away.
- Stock your fridge with healthy groceries from Sprouts and Nature’s Best (each 1.2 mi. from home).
- Enjoy the easiest commute! 19th Street BART station is only 3 blocks away.