2715 61st Avenue
Oakland, CA 94605
$685,000 | Sold $960,000
2715 61st Avenue, Oakland, CA 94605
5,500 SF Lot
About 2715 61st Avenue
What will you love most? All the bonus space or the rich Craftsman details or the big backyard? 2715 61st Avenue in Oakland’s lower Mills neighborhood is an exceptional 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom home that includes a sunny downstairs bonus space with a kitchenette, extra rooms and a private entrance – perfect for an in-law or au pair unit, home office, playroom, exercise studio, wine cellar, you name it! This original Craftsman was built in 1915, and your first impression will be the charming curb appeal. An inviting front porch leads into a spacious living room, where a wood-burning stone fireplace is the ultimate centerpiece. The Arts & Crafts movement rejected small, boxy rooms, so the living and dining rooms here form one large flowing space perfect for gatherings. Craftsman homes also are renowned for their rich wood detailing, and this house is no exception with its beautiful hardwood floors and milled trim around windows, doors, and passageways. The dining room includes a built-in buffet, glass-front cabinets, and an oversized window that puts the focus on natural light. An updated kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and a full bathroom round out the first level.
The expansive lower level features a kitchenette with stainless steel appliances, eating area, full bathroom, and 2 versatile bedrooms. This bonus space provided rental income for the previous owners, but it also suits multi-generational living, a home office/studio, or family den. It has its own access to the home's sunny backyard – an oasis with mature trees, a lush lawn, and patio. With summer coming, the yard is your go-to place to play, BBQ, and garden. Are you a bit of an urban farmer? There's a chicken coop, plus meyer lemon, pomegranate, pineapple guava, and passionfruit plantings. This 5,500 sq. ft. lot provides many delicious surprises!
2715 61st Ave. is located in the convenient lower Mills area, also known as the Frick neighborhood, near Mills College and just minutes from BART, I-580, and the many amenities on Foothill Boulevard and Bancroft Avenue.
Features & Updates
- 1915 Craftsman architecture
- Original wood-burning stone fireplace
- Spacious living and dining rooms with oversized windows
- Original built-in buffet and glass-front cabinets in dining room
- Rich hardwood floors on main level, recently refinished
- Detailed wood trim around windows, doors, passageways on the main level
- Updated kitchen with stone counters, stainless-steel appliances
- 2 sunny bedrooms on main level with full bathroom in between (doors to each bedroom)
- Expansive finished lower level: kitchenette, stainless-steel appliances, 2 bedrooms, full bath with standalone tub fitted with shower, private entrance to backyard, luxury vinyl tile flooring (resembling hardwood). *Rental income opportunity*
- Stacked washer/dryer on lower level
- Updated light fixtures
- Big backyard with mature trees, lawn, veggie beds
- Meyer lemon, pomegranate, pineapple guava, passionfruit plantings
- Chicken coop
Take a Tour of 2715 61st Avenue
You’ll find 2715 61st Avenue just west of the beautiful Mills College campus. The diverse neighborhood is known as Frick or lower Mills and is convenient to stores, eateries, parks, the Oakland Zoo, and I-580.
10 Things to Do Right Out Your Front Door
- Experience authentic Thai food at Old Weang Ping Village, voted #1 neighborhood favorite on NextDoor. The perfect Pad Thai is only a half-mile away!
- Play at Concordia Park, 2 minutes from home. There’s a playground, basketball courts, tennis, and playing fields. Warriors superstar Steph Curry helped renovate the basketball courts a few years ago, adding vibrant graphics and some of Curry’s favorite phrases, like “I Can Do All Things.”
- Stroll through the park-like Mills College campus, about a half-mile from home. Visit the art museum, soak in classical and modern music at the concert hall, and attend special lectures and events.
- Lean into Lena’s Soul Food for traditional favorites like fried chicken, greens, and sweet potatoes. Literally right around the corner!
- Stock the fridge with organic and natural foods from Farmer Joe’s Marketplace, about 2 mi. from home.
- Ride the gondola at the Oakland Zoo for panoramic Bay Area views. The zoo, which is nestled in the Oakland Hills and houses more than 700 animals, is 4 mi. from home.
- Start your day at Café of the Bay, voted #1 breakfast place by the neighbors on NextDoor. 1.8 mi. away.
- Ever heard of “forest bathing?” Lower your stress and deepen you appreciation for nature with a peaceful walk (clothed!) through Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park, about 4 mi. from home.
- Catch an A’s game at the Oakland Arena, about 2.5 mi. away.
- Enjoy a convenient commute:
- BART Fruitvale station is 2 mi. from home
- Oakland airport is 4.7 mi. away
- Downtown SF is 16.8 mi. away
- I-580 is just down the road