2469 Cole Street
Oakland, CA 94601
$729,000 | sold $895,000
2469 Cole Street, Oakland, CA 94601
4,000 SF Lot
About 2469 Cole Street
The 1920s bungalow at 2469 Cole Street is nestled in Oakland's desirable Maxwell Park neighborhood and has max bonus space! You can live large in this 2-bed, 1.5 bath home because it has so many extra places for your home office, homeschooling, artist/maker studio, playroom… Whatever you need! The house includes a spacious glass-enclosed sun porch, a tidy and light-filled garage workshop, and an expansive basement with a convenient ½ bath and lots of potential.
The welcoming living room features original hardwood floors, a cozy brick fireplace, and recessed lighting. The freshly painted eat-in kitchen includes newly installed stainless-steel appliances and Corian counters. The kitchen's linoleum flooring and a dated bathroom await your personal design touches. Conveniences include a laundry area with a sink and an easy-to-care-for backyard with a pretty plum tree. The previous owner enjoyed canning and hosting “plum parties” with neighbors! Maxwell Park is such a friendly neighborhood. The area’s popularity keeps growing thanks to its beloved little namesake park and playground and its proximity to Mills College, BART, I-580, I-880, bus lines, and Laurel District restaurants and shops.
Come see all the potential you could bring home to 2469 Cole Street!
Features & Updates
- Single-level bungalow
- Original hardwood floors
- Gracious living room with recessed lighting
- Cozy brick fireplace
- 2 bright bedrooms
- Shared bathroom with glass-enclosed shower over tub
- Eat-in kitchen
- Stainless-steel kitchen appliances – newly installed
- Corian kitchen counters
- Linoleum floors in kitchen and bathroom
- Expansive glass-enclosed sun porch overlooking the yard
- Fenced yard with a flourishing plum tree
- Laundry room with sink and counters
- Garage workshop space
- Large basement with ½ bath and tons of potential
- Long private driveway
- Security system
- Freshly painted interior
Take a Tour of 2469 Cole Street
2469 Cole Street is located in the Maxwell Park area of the Oakland foothills. It’s a quiet, friendly neighborhood filled with 1920s and 1930s bungalows. Awesome amenities that residents love include:
- Maxwell Park and Playground: This compact city park on Allendale Avenue is decorated with playful mosaics.
- Mills College: The historic, beautiful, and wooded campus is the perfect place for strolling. During non-pandemic times, the college invites the public to concerts, theater, and art events. The Mills College School of Education also runs a preschool and summer camp staffed by trained teachers and grad students.
- Easy access to popular shopping and dining districts: Laurel, Montclair Village, and Grand Lake.
- Fruitvale BART station: 1.9 miles
- Downtown Oakland: 5.6 miles
- Downtown SF: 15.3 miles
- Convenient to I-580, I-880, and bus lines
Share this Listing
Partner, Associate Broker, SRES