229 Jennifer Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
$1,085,000 | Sold $1,220,000
229 Jennifer Way, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
7,600 SF Lot
About 229 Jennifer Way
Welcome to 229 Jennifer Way, a rare find in the desirable Gregory Gardens neighborhood of Pleasant Hill. This charming ranch-style home boasts an enviable one-story floor plan with an open-flow design and dozens of upgrades, providing plenty of room to grow.
Located on a peaceful, tree-lined street, this home features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, encompassing 1,641 square feet of living space. The lush backyard is easily accessible through a large sliding glass doors, making it the perfect space for hosting outdoor gatherings. Hold cookouts on the slate patio or soak up the sun on the grassy lawn surrounded by greenery, while sipping an Arnold Palmer made with the fruit from your very own Meyer lemon tree.
Inside, the wood-burning fireplace in the living room creates a cozy ambiance, while the effortless flow between the living room, formal dining room, kitchen, and family room makes entertaining a breeze. The gourmet kitchen is a cook's delight, featuring white cabinetry, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a quaint eat-in nook. There's even a pass-through from the kitchen to the family room for movie nights or large gatherings.
In a separate wing, you'll find the bedrooms, bathrooms, and plenty of built-in storage. Relax in the primary suite, complete with a skylight that fills the room with sunshine, a custom-tile shower, a double-sink vanity, and a walk-in closet customized with built-in shoe racks, shelves, and storage - a dream come true!
Additional features of this home include a 2-car attached garage, hardwood flooring throughout, high-end fixtures, and a true pride of ownership that is evident in every detail.
Conveniently located near shopping, schools, parks, freeways, and the Contra Costa Centre BART Station, this home truly has it all.
Features & Updates
- Formal living room with wood-burning fireplace
- Formal dining room
- Family room/den with coat closet, built-ins and skylight
- Kitchen with eat-in breakfast nook and large glass doors leading to backyard
- Two sunny guest bedrooms with custom closets and built-ins
- Guest bathroom with tub/shower combination
- Primary bedroom with spacious walk-in closet and skylight
- Primary bathroom with custom tile shower and two-sink vanity
- Attached two-car garage
- Slate patio with adjacent shade pergola
- Grassy lawn with lush landscaping
- Privacy fence
- Potential for RV/boat storage on side yard
Take a Tour of 229 Jennifer Way
229 Jennifer Way is centrally located in Pleasant Hill’s Gregory Gardens neighborhood – only a short distance to grocery stores, parks, and shopping malls.
- 3.1 miles from the Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre Bart Station
- 3.8 miles to the Concord Bart Station
- 29 miles by car to San Francisco
Things to do nearby
- There is no shortage of public parks in Pleasant Hill. The community takes its open space seriously. Here’s a couple of options: Brookwood Park, six-acres of serenety among shady trees is perfect for small picnics and barbecues. It also has a children’s play area with a climbing structure. The larger Pleasant Hill Park has something for everyone, including a public swimming pool, baseball diamond, bocce and basketball courts and even a tot park. Click here for more information about Pleasant Hill Recreation and Park District.
- Want to make sure that Fido gets a little exercise too? Paso Nogal Park has a 2.5-acre fenced dog exercise park and 63-acres of scenic walking trails for you and your canine friends. FYI: In case you were wondering, Pleasant Hill is incredibly pet friendly.
- Like to cycle? The Contra Costa Canal Trail connects Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek, and Concord. The 14-mile paved trail is not only open to bicyclists but to walkers, runners, skaters, people in wheelchairs, and even horses. The trail hooks up with shopping centers, public transportation, and local parks. The closest trailhead to Gregory Park is at Las Juntas Park at 1800 Reliez Valley Rd.
- Every year the Pleasant Hill Chamber of Commerce and the city’s Downtown Association holds the Pleasant Hill Art, Wine and Music Festival. The event showcases wine, beer, food, children’s events, popular local bands and more than 70 arts and crafts vendors. This year, the festivities will be held May 20-21, downtown on Crescent Drive.
- Explore downtown Pleasant Hill. Less than two miles from 229 Jennifer Way is a world of shops, restaurants, and entertainment. The city also throws a summer concert series. Or take in the small-town feel of Pleasant Hill at the annual 4th of July parade and 5K race, or the annual Light Up the Night winter holiday celebration.
- Need a mall? Between the Sunvalley Shopping Center (1 Sunvalley Mall) in Concord or Broadway Plaza in downtown Walnut Creek, you’ve got great shopping and eating options just a short drive from Gregory Gardens.
- Don’t want to cook? How about a deep-dish pie from Zachary’s Chicago Pizza? Not in the mood for pizza? There’s falafel or chicken shawarma from Gotta Eatta Pita. And if that doesn’t fit the bill, there’s a plethora of restaurants to choose from (like Urban Plates, Crescent Bistro, and Jack’s Restaurant) not even two miles away on Crescent Drive.
- Or if you’re craving something sweet, the critically acclaimed Starbread Bakery on Contra Costa Blvd. is a local favorite. Famous for its señorita bread, rolled dough filled with butter and sugar and served hot, this family-owned Filipino bakery is a mainstay. www.starbreadca.com
- Grocery stores are abundant here but if you’re looking for a family-owned supermarket with specialty foods, fresh produce and friendly service, The Pleasant Hill Market is close and convenient on Pleasant Hill Road.
- Love your commute. Two Bart stations are less than two miles away and it’s only 29 miles to San Francisco with easy access to the freeway.