2008 Drake Drive
Oakland, CA 94611
$985,000 | sold $1,490,000
2008 Drake Drive, Oakland, CA 94611
6,229 SF Lot
About 2008 Drake Drive
If you’re dreaming of living in Montclair – moments from the village’s charming cafes and shops, schools, parks, and trails – welcome home! 2008 Drake Drive in the Oakland Hills is a fantastic opportunity to settle in this coveted community in a house with rare expansive yards and veggie beds, a bonus family room and additional space to convert into a potential 4th bedroom.
This special home sits on a desirable level street and features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a large recreational/family room and a sunny deck overlooking large backyard. California living at it’s finest! Meanwhile, you’re just 1 mile from the heart of Montclair Village, easily reachable via the Montclair Railroad Trail with no car needed.
The property starts with a large fenced front yard that’s perfect for play and gardening. The home opens to a light-filled living room with a brick fireplace and a dining room with glass doors to the deck overlooking the backyard below. The updated and roomy kitchen has a breakfast bar, quartz counters, and stainless steel appliances. These main living spaces boast hardwood floors and an exposed ceiling painted airy white. You’ll also find 3 bedrooms, including the primary suite, on this level. The lower level features a bonus room, 1/2 bath, laundry area, abundant storage, and backyard access.
The sellers shared some magic moments they experienced while living here: Teaching their sons to ride bikes in the cul-de-sac behind the house. Strolling down the railroad trail for frozen yogurt in the village 10 minutes away. Harvesting ripe tomatoes from the front veggie beds. Collecting lemons from the backyard tree and eggs from the chicken coop.
Imagine all the memories you'll make if 2008 Drake becomes your home next!
Features & Updates
- Large fenced front yard and veggie garden
- Expansive level backyard with lawn, lemon tree, chicken coop, bougainvillea
- Dining room with glass doors to the deck overlooking large backyard
- Roomy updated kitchen with breakfast bar & quartz countertops
- 3 bedrooms on main level
- Primary bedroom suite includes bathroom with glass-enclosed shower
- Hallway bathroom with shower over tub on main level
- Large recreational/family room and 1/2 bath on lower level (with additional bonus space)
- Laundry area
- Tesla solar panels
- Attached 2-car garage
2008 Drake Dr. is moments from dozens of restaurants, shops, grocers, farmer’s markets, and trails. Seriously convenient! You’re 1 mile from charming Montclair Village. Montclair Elementary is less than 1 mi. away, and Joaquin Miller Elementary is 1.5 mi. away. You also get easy access to Hwy 13, College Avenue, and BART.
10 Things To Do Here
- Cycle, jog, or stroll down the beautiful Montclair Railroad Trail. You can access the trail via a 2-minute ride or 5-minute walk from home. The paved, flat trail leads to charming the Montclair Village, less than 1 mi. away.
- Wake up with breakfast at the Egg Shop in the heart of Montclair Village. Locals love all the brunchy basics. Over 800 Yelp reviewers can’t be wrong.
- It’s strawberry season! If you’re not already growing your own in your sunny yard, hit the Montclair Farmer’s Market on Sundays.
- Experience one of the community’s favorite restaurants: Daughter Thai Kitchen is beloved for its beautiful ambiance, bold flavors, and creative cocktails. 1 mi. away.
- Get caffeinated – everywhere, all the time! You’re about a mile from Highwire Coffee Roasters, Yellow Door, Paddington Café, Starbucks, and Peets.
- Do date night at Perle wine bar and bistro, which was recommended by Wine Spectator magazine as one of “12 Fabulous French Wine Restaurants in the U.S.” 1 mi. from home.
- Feed your sweet tooth at Le Bonbon chocolaterie, Colonial Donuts, Tutti Frutti fro-yo, or Yogofina in Montclair Village.
- Fill the fridge with essentials from Safeway (0.9 mi.), Lucky (0.9 mi.), or Trader Joe’s (about 4 mi.).
- Play at Shepherd Canyon Park, where the 34 acres include sports fields, a climbing structure, and hillside trails that provide sunset views. Picnic near the creek and take the rope swing for a spin. 1.5 mi. from home.
- Enjoy the easiest commutes around the Bay Area. You’re moments from Hwy 13, and the BART Rockridge station is 4 mi. away.
Share this Listing
Partner, Associate Broker, SRES