1940 Gouldin Road
Oakland, CA 94611
$995,000 | Sold $1,501,700
1940 Gouldin Road, Oakland, CA 94611
7,826 SF Lot
About 1940 Gouldin Road
A refined and secluded mid-century modern retreat in Montclair’s highly sought-after Thornhill district, this 1948-built home exudes style and charm with its open floor plan and graceful transitions to generous outdoor spaces for box gardens, BBQs and entertaining. 1940 Gouldin Road's living room boasts original redwood paneling surrounding a working fireplace while the tall picture windows invite in the outdoors along with the perfect perch to enjoy the views, or read a book. The dining room connects to the large open kitchen with stainless steel appliances. All three rooms provide access to the deck and yard spaces that surround the home. Three bedrooms and one and a half baths fill out the rest of the main floor. Downstairs, in the spacious rumpus room with a fireplace, built-in desks and storage, see if you can access the secret room behind the bookcase under the stairs. Laundry, a fourth bedroom, and a second full bath fill out the lower floor plan. This is a truly unique home that merits serious consideration.
Features & Updates
- Access charming Thornhill neighborhood in minutes
- Quiet, tree-lined street
- Freshly painted (interior) throughout
- Freshly refinished oak floors
- Gourmet kitchen with skylights full remodeled in 2011; Dacor stove, stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, glass tile backsplash. Seating for breakfast nook and bar.
- Renovated bathrooms
- Family room with bonus “Harry Potter” room
- Full lower level (family room) remodel in 2012
- Inviting front garden and verdant backyard
- Recessed lighting in living areas
- Three bedrooms on main level
- Attached carport
- Ample storage space
- Seismic updates in 2012 and installed new roof in 2013
Location and accessibility doesn’t get much better than this. Montclair Village’s many shops, diverse eateries, grocery stores, and local businesses (including the charming library) are conveniently located nearby. As a bonus, the elementary school is just down the road. Outdoor activities are a breeze with Montclair Park and Recreation Center and Shepherd Canyon Park just a mile away. Plus, you’ll have a smooth commute with easy highway access.