1850 School Street
Moraga, CA 94556
$2,495,000 | Sold $2,515,000
1850 School Street, Moraga, CA 94556
About 1850 School Street
We are thrilled to present 1850 School Street, an exceptional 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom home that lives like a gracious resort on one of Moraga’s largest residential lots in a coveted neighborhood. This stunning 2-story home is minutes from the region’s best schools, Moraga’s charming town center, and the beloved Moraga Lafayette Regional Trail. A truly remarkable pedestrian-friendly location! The backyard oasis features an expansive swimming pool, pool house, spacious patio, lawn, sport court and fruit trees. The idyllic property backs to a trickling creek and redwoods, with views of golden hills beyond. Imagine the epic BBQs and special events held in this private paradise!
Inside, the expanded home boasts a wide-open and fluid design that emphasizes natural light and space with high ceilings, skylights, and walls of windows overlooking the backyard. The great room – kitchen, dining, living, and bonus spaces – is an entertainer’s dream. The chef’s kitchen boasts marble counters, walk-in pantry, glass-front cabinets, herringbone tile accents, farmhouse sink, and stainless-steel appliances. Extensive windows and wide sliding glass doors provide the ultimate indoor-outdoor California lifestyle! The primary bedroom suite also opens to the backyard oasis. The spacious suite stuns with vaulted ceilings, walk-in closet and large bathroom.
Just imagine spreading out in this special home with its additional bedrooms, office, and versatile ante room off the great room (additional family room, exercise area or something else… you decide!). This is a truly unique and special property, one you don't want to miss!
Features & Updates
- Expanded 2-story ranch-style home
- Double door grand entry
- Sought-after open-concept design
- Vaulted ceilings
- Attached 2 car garage with work bench
- Living room and dining room with wood-burning fireplace
- Expansive family room with wood-burning fireplace
- Wide sliding glass doors open to the backyard
- Gracious picture windows + glass doors provide the ultimate indoor-outdoor lifestyle!
- Marble counters
- Chic herringbone tile backsplashes
- Walk-in pantry + glass front pantry
- Island with built-in microwave
- Breakfast bar (seats 4)
- Glass front cabinets
- Stainless steel appliances
- Overlooks backyard
- Vaulted ceilings
- Wide sliding glass doors opens to backyard
- Walk-in closet
- Spacious bathroom with jacuzzi soaking tub, glass-enclosed shower, dual sink vanity
- Private office with built in bookshelves
- Or convert back into bedroom
- Updated with wainscoting, white subway tiles, glass-enclosed shower
- Large bedroom with walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with glass-enclosed shower
- 2 additional bedrooms
- Shared bathroom with shower over tub
- Pool and pool house
- Sports court (basketball, volleyball, etc…) and horseshoe pit
- Lawn and beautiful gardens
- Spacious patio and deck
- Mature plantings throughout including apple, plum, lemon and fig trees
- Potential for an ADU
Take a Tour of 1850 School Street
1850 School Street in Moraga is close to the region’s best schools, town center, trails, and parks. It’s a remarkable pedestrian-friendly location with lots of community events, beautiful scenery, and easy access to Hwy 24 and BART.
Top 10 Things to Do Right Out Your Front Door
- Bring home the sweetest strawberries, sample mango-flavored nectarines, and grab organic eggplant at Moraga’s Sunday Farmers’ Market, just 0.7 mi. from home.
- Stroll, jog, or bike the Lafayette-Moraga Regional Trail, which runs directly behind the house and across the creek. This awesome 7.65-mi. trail courses through the Moraga Valley and connects to various schools, St. Mary’s College, Moraga Commons park, downtown shops and restaurants, Lafayette, and Canyon hiking trails.
- Sip refreshing IPAs, sours, and pilsners at Canyon Club Brewery’s spacious beer garden, a half-mile from home. Pair your pint with a fish taco while sitting by the fire pit and listening to live music.
- Team up for tennis or hit a hole-in-one at the beautiful Moraga Country Club, 1 mi. away.
- Grab a picnic lunch from Bianca’s Deli and head to beautiful Moraga Commons, 1 mi. from home. The 40.2- acre park has everything: play structures, water spray feature, skate park, frisbee golf course, bocce ball pit, and trails. The Commons summer concert series is a family favorite. And don’t miss the July 4 fireworks!
- Fill your fridge at Safeway in the Moraga Shopping Center, a 3-minute drive from home.
- Too hot to cook? Hit the food trucks at Hacienda Nights, a summertime event on Tuesdays at historic Hacienda De Las Flores Park, 2 mi. away.
- Scream for ice cream! Loard’s parlor is a half-mile away – a quick drive, walk, or peddle.
- Experience the best Chinese food on this side of the hills. Chef Chao is 5 minutes from home. Homemade potstickers…yum!
- Watch a blockbuster at The Rheem movie theater, 2.5 mi. away