1603 Derby Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
$699,000 | Sold $1,000,000
1603 Derby Street, Berkeley, CA 94703
3,360 SF Lot
About 1603 Derby Street
1603 Derby Street is a classic 1920's bungalow which has been updated to meet the needs of today's buyers. The inviting living room features beautiful hardwood floors, high ceilings, stunning fireplace flanked by built-in bookcases and transom windows. A built-in desk and custom cabinetry just off the living room is perfect for a home office or work station. The spacious dining room features a built-in hutch with leaded glass doors. The kitchen has been nicely updated with light gray floors, dark gray painted cabinetry, dark wood counter tops, a sparkling Wedgewood stove and stainless steel appliances. Two spacious and bright bedrooms share an updated hallway bathroom. Just off the kitchen is a relaxing deck which leads to a sunny patio and large storage shed.
Features & Updates
- Living room with stunning fireplace and built-ins
- Formal dining room with built-in hutch
- Updated kitchen with Wedgewood stove and stainless steel appliances
- Updated bathroom
- Sunny backyard with relaxing deck and patio area
- Large storage shed
- Easy access to BART and freeways
1603 Derby Street is just just 1.5 miles from UC Berkeley and less than a mile from the Telegraph Avenue restaurants, and cafés (Berkeley Bowl less than a mile away). Downtown Berkeley and the vibrant Berkeley Arts District, including the new Berkeley Art Museum and Film Archive, the Berkeley Repertory and Aurora theaters, movies, and several music venues are just a little over a mile away. Downtown Berkeley’s many transit options means easy access to all that the Bay Area has to offer.
- Ashby BART less than a mile away
- HWY 80 about a mile away
Additional amenities within close proximity:
- Tarea Hall Pittman South Branch Library on Russell and Martin Luther King Jr is just a 10 minute walk from the house. It has a great adult collection, holds a huge variety of events for adults and kids regularly, and shares the quarter of the block comfortably with the Tool Lending Library next door.
- On the way to the library, there is well kept and fully outfitted playground at Grove Park on Grant and Oregon Street.
- Crixa Cakes for delicious Eastern European treats.