1271 Bonita Lane
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
$985,000 | Sold $1,085,000
1271 Bonita Lane, Walnut Creek, CA 94595
6,499 SF Lot
About 1271 Bonita Lane
Private, single story home with a beautiful backyard oasis!
This coveted cottage at 1271 Bonita Lane is located in Walnut Creek’s sought-after Saranap neighborhood – minutes from top-rated schools, shopping, dining, parks, and trails. Highlights of this sweet home include hardwood floors, updated kitchen, backyard retreat complete with a picturesque pond and cascading waterfall, attached garage converted into a bonus space, and a detached structure ideal for hobbies, creativity or a workshop.
Both the front and backyards have been meticulously manicured creating your very own park-like setting with a classic white picket fence framing the front yard and a meandering brick walkway welcoming you into this beautiful home. The backyard reminds you of a manicured English garden featuring a variety of plants and trees ranging from roses and Meyer lemon, to Oaks and Asian maple. The tall pergola covers a nicely built slate patio perfect for alfresco dining.
This updated cottage in Saranap is the perfect place to call home, whether you're just starting out, downsizing, or seeking a welcoming retreat within minutes of downtown Walnut Creek.
Features & Updates
- The kitchen is well-appointed with updated features, including quartz countertops and modern appliances
- The attached one car garage has been converted into an extra bonus room (can easily be converted back to a garage)
- Spacious bedrooms with ample closet space
- Updated bathroom with walk-in shower
- New roof May of 2022
- Front yard is enclosed by a classic, white picket fence, enhancing the home’s charm
- Grafted apple tree in front yard featuring 4-5 varietals (seller says they are yummy!)
- Custom meandering brick pathway leading to front door
- Park-like setting in backyard featuring various plants and trees, picturesque pond and cascading waterfall
- Extra tall pergola covering slate patio perfect for alfresco dining and outdoor entertaining
- Detached bonus structure ideal for hobbies, creativity or a workshop
- Fully automated irrigation system
- ADU potential (drawings available)
Take a Tour of 1271 Bonita Lane
1271 Bonita Lane is located in Saranap, an unincorporated pocket of Contra Costa County bordered by Lafayette and Walnut Creek. It is walking distance to trails and downtown Walnut Creek. It’s a happy blend of longtime residents who remember the days of walnut orchards and young families with kids running from house to house. Neighborhood hot spots abound! Kids might love the easy access to 7-Eleven Slurpees, but there’s a lot more dining and shopping nearby to discover:
- Morucci’s Deli
- Pizza Oliva
- Wish boutique
- Dewing pool
- Desirable schools! The district lines divide up Saranap between the impressive Lafayette and Walnut Creek school districts, as well as Acalanes high school district.
- Residents look forward to the completion of Saranap Village, slated for a supermarket, coffee shop, restaurant, wine bar, and multifamily housing.
Here’s what else Bonita is near:
- Downtown Walnut Creek: 1.2 miles
- BART: 1.3 miles
- Downtown Oakland: 16 miles
- Downtown San Francisco: 24 miles
- Quick access to HWY 24 and I-680