1018 59th Street
Oakland, CA 94608
$825,000 | Sold $1,300,000
1018 59th Street, Oakland, CA 94608
6,250 SF Lot
About 1018 59th Street
Welcome to your verdant slice of suburbia in Oakland’s hip NOBE neighborhood! 1018 59th Street is a sweet, thoughtfully cared-for 1920s bungalow with an enviable backyard where paths wind through a big edible garden that is busy with bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies. Traditional details shine throughout this 3-bed, 2-bath home, including rich hardwood floors, coved ceilings, a Craftsman-style brick fireplace, built-in bookshelves and buffet with glass cabinets, and beautiful ceiling medallions that bestow elegance to living and dining room lighting.
1018 59th Street is located in Oakland’s hip NOBE neighborhood, so named because it sits at the intersection of North Oakland, Berkeley, and Emeryville. Young professionals and families alike love the area’s diverse restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries, parks, art workshops, and other amenities. Getting around is easy whether you walk, BART, bike, or drive. When things reopen, you’ll have access to all this:
- Dining: Paradise Park Café for brunch and a friendly neighborhood vibe, Tamaleria Azteca (diners line up around the block every Christmas!), Chile Jalapeño family-owned taqueria with a colorful ambiance and back patio, Town House Bar & Grill for chef-driven fine dining in a former speakeasy, Lois the Pie Queen for some Southern comfort food, Sideshow Kitchen just a block away and Encuentro vegan and vegetarian bistro.
- Coffee and Sweets: Pepples Donut Farm for vegan donuts, James & the Giant Cupcake for creative treats and a “Stay@Home Cupcake Kit.”
- Draft Brews & Pub Eats: Novel Brewing Company’s literary-themed tasting room, Hoi Polloi Brewpub and Beat Lounge (truffle popcorn!), Wolfhound (dog-friendly).
- For Makers, Artists, & Art Lovers: A Verb for Keeping Warm – yarn, classes, and knitting circles; Strings – a cozy setting for appreciating original acoustic music; The Grease Diner screen printing studio; The Compound Gallery and Studios – voted Best Art Hang Out.
- Rec: Charles Porter Golden Gate Recreation Center with basketball courts, baseball field, picnic sites.
- Library and jazz: Golden Gate Branch Oakland Public Library – One of five Carnegie libraries in Oakland and well known for its Summer Jazz on Sundays series. Also houses the African American Museum & Library.
- BART Ashby Station: 1 mile
- BART MacArthur Station: 1.7 miles
- Downtown SF: 10.5 miles
- OAK airport: 13 miles