10 Atlas Place
Berkeley, CA 94708
$1,885,000 | sold $2,700,000
10 Atlas Place, Berkeley, CA 94708
14,672 SF Lot
About 10 Atlas Place
This exceptional two-level home at 10 Atlas Place in the Berkeley Hills is a unique mid-century showcase with spectacular bay, city and bridge views, and Tilden Park trails out the front door. Remodeled by famed architect John Hans Ostwald, this 4-bedroom and 3-bath property features Ostwald’s hallmark mix of woodsy and modern design. The pool, cabana, large garden, decks that run the length of the house, wine cellar, and wet bars make this home both an ideal retreat and perfect for entertaining.
Features & Updates
From your easy drive into the Berkeley Hills along tree-lined streets to the moment you step into 10 Atlas Place’s entryway – an enclosed sky-lit, redwood atrium – you know you’re somewhere special. The indoor/outdoor koi pond is a peaceful welcome as you open the large double-door entry to a living/dining room with fireplace and sweeping bay views. Imagine sipping your morning coffee or evening cocktail on the deck. The open floor plan is accented by the cathedral ceiling with exposed stained wood beams. And a spiral staircase leads to the lower level.
- Open living/dining room with fireplace
- Cathedral ceiling with exposed stained wood beams
- Picture windows and spectacular bay views
- Sliding glass door to deck
- Private and spacious master suite and library with full bath and deck
- Two-bedroom suite with full bath
- Airy, modern kitchen with simple cabinetry, reflecting the mid-century design, and plenty of countertops for lots of prep space
- Wet bar and pass through
- Hardwood and cork floors throughout
- Washer/dryer hookups
- Powder room in the atrium
- Spiral staircase
- Open family room with built-ins and fireplace
- Bedroom suite with full bath
- Wet bar, dishwasher and refrigerator
- Wine cellar
- Crafting area
- Powder room
- Glass doors open to another deck and stairs leading to the beautifully landscaped garden and pool.
- Attached garage and storage galore
- Could easily serve as in-law unit
- Pool with diving board
- Changing room with shower
- Mature trees and low plantings provide shade and sun
- Tiered garden provides perfect spots for vegetables, cutting flowers, herbs, wherever your green thumb takes you!
10 Atlas Place is conveniently located near many amenities, beautiful hiking trails, respected schools, golfing, shopping and some of the best Bay Area restaurants.
- 4 miles from the I-80
- 16 miles from downtown SF
- 2.5 miles from BART
- Your neighbors include Tilden Regional Park, Golf Course and Botanic Garden
- Tilden’s scenic Selby Trail is steps from your front door. If you’re game, you can walk to Lake Anza, the recreational swimming reservoir, or connect to any of the numerous other trails.
- Cragmont Elementary and Berkeley High each scored an 8 out of 10 from Greatschools.org.
- Theater, art galleries, movies, bookstores, restaurants (Alice Waters’ Chez Panisse!), cafes, markets (including Thursday’s Berkeley Farmers’ Market) and the romantic Berkeley Rose Garden all are just minutes away in downtown Berkeley.