#QuarantineCooking: Breakfast Sangria
Rosie Papazian and Krista Miller
#QuarantineCooking is thirsty work, so sometimes we have to put down the skillet and pick up the shaker. We’ve taught ourselves how to make quarantinis, pandemic punch, and even piña isoladas. (Has it been a boozy coupla months for you, too?)
Now that spring is here and California has a measured plan for our liberation from lockdown, we think its time to try a cheery libation that’s light, fizzy, and fruity.
Introducing the Breakfast Sangria, mixed by Abio agents Krista Miller and Rosie Papazian.
They premiered their signature drink during a virtual open house at 821 Polk St. in Albany. Way to show off a home’s kitchen and your marketing creativity during a pandemic, Krista and Rosie!
Krista’s and Rosie’s Breakfast Sangria
Makes up to 6 servings
- Grapefruit, peel removed
- Navel or blood orange, peel removed
- 2-3 limes
- 1 cup Cointreau (or orange liqueur of your choice)
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- Slice the fruit into sections and place them in a pitcher.
- Add the Cointreau and Prosecco.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. (If you can’t wait, muddle the fruit at the bottom of the pitcher before adding the liquid ingredients.)
- Before serving, add sparkling water to the pitcher. The amount depends on how strong you want your Breakfast Sangria.
- If you prefer a sweeter flavor, float some simple syrup over the top.
- Toast to good health and simple pleasures – like a full roll of toilet paper!
Send us a snap of your sangria so we can do a socially distant “cheers!” Send to email@example.com or post on social media with the hashtags #AbioProperties #QuarantineCooking.
More #QuarantineCooking from Abio Properties: